Reply Wii Center
Wii Launch stories ...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:55 am
So what was everyone doing when the Wii descended to Earth?

Were you sleeping outside of Circuit City, eating chili and pizza while playing poker?

Ha, I sure was. I slept in a sleeping bag in my camping chair, and in the morning the store manager brought us doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. It was SOOOOOOO cOlD! I'll never forget it xd :

What about you, fellow NG-ees?

Where were you?

Who did you fist fight to get the last Wii?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:44 pm
I had mine reserved at GameStop, so no fist fight for me xd They even called the police out there to ensure the safety of their shoppers wink I was sleeping at home when my alarm went off, right around 11 pm, at which point I dashed out the door. I made it there a good quarter 'till midnight and was let in only after showing the officers my bill of reservation. Glad I remembered to grab that xp I then paid the rest off and waited until the clock struck 12 so I could pick up my system and head home.

It was boring really :p  

Edymion
Captain

littlefitz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:04 pm
my parents stayed in line over night to get it for me for christmas and i hd no idea they were even gone haha  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 am
stare , well, at least no one got shot. Unlike the launch of a certain other console.  

CirePrahs

[Unnamed Angel]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:25 pm
That's kinda unfair...as the person was shot for his money and not for the console. It's a very sad event that something so stupid had to happen, but it only goes to show why one shouldn't value something trivial over life (especially one's own).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am
I wrote a long blog about my waiting in line for the Wii.

Blog

To summarize, I waited in line with my friends for 10+ hours. If you've seen the "Smash My Wii" video, my friends and I are in the background.  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:54 pm
@boys w/ $350
Agreed

@$600 console man
Agreed

xd That was an insanely funny thing to read. Care to post the linkage here for anybody not wanting to visit the blog? I mean the Smash My Wii link. I still have no idea why somebody would smash a system right at the launch confused Seems like a huge waste to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:26 am
Sure thing ^.^

Short version:
here

Long version:
here

A lot of others in the line thought it was a waste, too, especially those boys. I thought it was okay because they smashed the PS3 on its launch day, too. I'm sure a lot more people were pissed at that, since not as many units were released for the PS3.

Here's the link to that:
here  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 pm
xd Considering the PS3 became "suddenly" overly available just a week or two later probably alleviated a lot of the stress from Smash My PlayStation3 wink The Wii, on the other hand, has been notoriously hard to find because of demand :p  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:12 am
Really? I haven't been able to find a PS3 around my area. But then, I haven't been really looking that hard. rolleyes  

_CFTM
Crew

Wii Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces