Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Ya know its hard out here for a sim Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le Gasp a poll
  Dirka Dirka
View Results

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:01 pm
I've had some pretty crappy things happen because of those chance cards, but I've had some pretty awesome things happen too. I think one of my favorite things to happen was when I got 10k for picking the right answer blaugh The ones I really hate though are the ones where each choice gives you a bad outcome gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:45 am
I don't give my sims jobs. I normally just use the motherlode cheat a few times so they end up almost rolling around in money, then they don't need to get a job, theyre too rich.

A lot easier. 3nodding  

Osaka In Wonderland

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:52 am
[User Image]

yeah, i hate that. one time, i was reading a sims career guide, and i was reading whatt happens if you choose the bad one, and what happens if you get the good
    when you get to like lvl 9-10 you either lose your job or win like 4 million dollars [atleast for the university careers]
    D:<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:08 am
athena08905
my poor simmy sad lifetime want: reach top of education career track
okay, all of the other adults in the house are family aspirations...I let him have his "knowledge" aspiration (I am a family gal) because reaching the top of a career track is totally attainable...except when you get a chance card and you get your poor sim fired... sad Makes me so sad for him..like, I made him extinguish a fire bcause he has no great terms for living cuz, like...he can't be perminantly happy in life and his wife is no longer in need of a sperm doner(am I aloud to say that?)
You couldn't just try again?
I guess I'm too much of a risk-taker not to take a chance. I've had demotions, losing all my money, 1 firing, but I still tend to pick the better one, so I'll keep playing the chance cards. The latest one I had netted my Sim 45000 so why should I stop?

Infinity-Nevermore

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:50 am
I only play them when I feel lucky, otherwise I just hit ignore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 pm
athena08905
[ Samsara ]
I'm too much of a scaredy cat to pick in my normal households. I just pick ignore.

But, for my legacy family, I have a list of the outcomes for each event. Whichever has the least bad outcome, I choose that one.
sometimes the outcomes change, though...at least for me they do...I chose the answer my teenage girl sim had chosen and she got promoted...but then my adult guy sim chose that one and he got fired because something different happened when he did the action

It's true, there is NO set right or wrong answer. It's random and just depends on your luck I guess. What might be the right answer for one Sim may turn out to be the wrong answer for another but then they could answer the exact same again and get it right. Unless I don't mind about the outcome too much I usually press ignore. Thank goodness MAXIS included that option.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 am
I hate those pop-ups, but they can be good if u pick the right one  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:14 am
I almost always play the chance cards. Sure, I've gotten a few fired/demoted before, but it's a risk worth taking considering it could have a good outcome. It's only a game, so that makes it easier for me to do it. mrgreen

The only card that really bothers me is the one where you have to choose either the red or blue cord or something. At least on the others, you can actually think about what the possibilities of the outcome could be. whee

Captain Jenocidal

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:36 pm
True, even though there's a chance of it backfiring. I got demoted after picking what seemed like an appropriate answer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:00 pm
I know...but I have the fortune if never playing now  

goddess_oraorchid

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:47 am
I always go for the chance cards. As many times as my sims and their pets got fired, demoted, de-skilled and de-moneyed, that little phrase "What if..." is always there. I guess I like living on the edge. I mean, I do crosswords in pen xd .  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:46 pm
Yeah, I usually hate them. But sometimes they are fun. I've picked the right one more often than the wrong. ^-^ And I always take the chance. Don't know why. Maybe it's because I never take chances in my own life? XD

Random by Nature

minaflower71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:46 pm
That's evil! twisted twisted twisted twisted  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items