Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
They look like twins! Darn genetics. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:55 am
I always hated that. Do you have Seasons installed? They actually fixed the whole default hair thing for toddlers and children. At least in my game it did. It's nice to finally see some variety. I was so sick and tired of running to the mirror to give them a new 'do.
As for the children all looking alike, I think one parent's facial features may be more dominant than the other's. A lotl the genetics in Sims 2 is based off of real genetics.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:25 pm
I've had that happen when my sims weren't even from the same family!!! eek and when i did get twins sometimes they'd look completly different. Like Titania and Oberon had twins and one was black and the other was white like her mom exclaim not mixed skin color! weird...  

randomchild91

Oosamiij

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:13 am
Shiyu_Nakiro
That sucks XD I was playing The First Sims and I had a kid named Derek, I forgot what happened but a second one appeared like a Twin, but I couldn't control It. It didn't appear on the bar with all of the other Sim's either.

That'd be funny.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:51 am
The family just had another girl! So when she grows up I will post her photo, but she looks really similiar to the other 2 as a baby.  

Children for dinner

Bloody Ally

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:23 am
Munky13
Shiyu_Nakiro
That sucks XD I was playing The First Sims and I had a kid named Derek, I forgot what happened but a second one appeared like a Twin, but I couldn't control It. It didn't appear on the bar with all of the other Sim's either.

That'd be funny.
I think that happened to my brother. He had all these people like clones, he had heaps all over the house. They couldn't be controlled or anything. I don't really remember what else happened because it was ages ago. It was weird, I think he just left without saving or something, so nothing happened.
The first one doesn't have genetics does it? I thought only the skin colour is from the parents. Don't remember >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:46 am
I never had this problem until recently, actually. Two of my girls now look exactly the same, even with wildly different hair it's amazing how much alike they are. I'm not complaining though cause they're gorgeous!  

PriestessSelwyn

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 am
That's pretty funny, knowing that none of my twins ever look the same. I just had a set of twins and they both have diffrent skin colours, and eye colours and one grows up faster then the other. But they are still twins.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:27 pm
athena08905
Blu321
wow... never had that happen before... u should change their hair or something
my thoughts exactly razz

triple  

minaflower71

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:31 pm
Identical looking children from the same family can also be called Firstborn syndrome. The game has a little quirk where the genetic cycle refreshes to the firstborn's genetics which could make all your kids look completely identical in facial features and in genetics such as eye color, hair color, and skin color. You can find the complete wiki article here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help razz regnancy#Rolling_the_Pacifier_and_Firstborn_Syndrome  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
WindhoesXP
Identical looking children from the same family can also be called Firstborn syndrome. The game has a little quirk where the genetic cycle refreshes to the firstborn's genetics which could make all your kids look completely identical in facial features and in genetics such as eye color, hair color, and skin color. You can find the complete wiki article here:

]http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help razz regnancy#Rolling_the_Pacifier_and_Firstborn_Syndrome

Interesting. I didn't know about "rolling the pacifier."

I haven't had kids where I minded them looking identical, cause I make pretty babies. XD But thanks for the link, I'm sure it will come in handy.  

PriestessSelwyn

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm
That happens to me all the time but I don't mind. I usually just change their hair.  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff