Travel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:04 pm
Well, I'm going on a cruise to Alaska Saturday. I really don't know tha tmuch about Alaska, itself, so I was curious if anyone had any ideas of anything 'spiritual' that I should look into, if given the opportunity.

Other than seeing the Native Americans. I already have that planned.

And since we're on the topic, here are sub-topics:

question What places have you been to that you have 'connected with' or had a spiritual experience at?
question Are there any places you want to go to for a spiritual experience? Where? What kind of experience would you seek there? Why?
question Should Jameta beware of the Teen Disco on the ship?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:28 pm
Wow, that's going to be a beautiful cruise.^_^ Since it's summer now, you should be getting some really long days- I heard that they can grow strawberries as big as apples up there, because in the summer growing season, the sun hardly ever sets.^_^ Be sure to bring plenty of sunblock!

People always tell me that I should go to Egypt, but I doubt that I ever will. This just kills one of the people who works with me- even though they don't know about my spiritual life, everyone at work knows that I'm a hard-core Egyptophile, and every now and then she just looks at me and says stuff like, "I can't believe you read so much about Egypt and yet you don't want to go there... what if someone bought the ticket for you, would you go then?" LOL! I just laugh and tell her that it's way too hot over there for me- though if someone wanted to buy me the tickets, I wouldn't waste them.^_~ Besides, most of the monuments over there are deteriorating fast, and a part of the reason they are deteriorating is because of all the tourists. So the photos I have in books and the reproductions at Egyptian museums are actually better representations of the ancient sites as they used to be than what's there now, and I don't have to deal with the heat, the crowds, or ethical dilemmas about entering someone's tomb uninvited, adding to the destruction of the sites, or infiltrating temples to depths which my level of training and purification do not authorize me. Pictures are enough for me.

But Alaska would be nice- enjoy the trip! And yeah, I'd be careful around that Teen Disco... ^_^'  

WebenBanu

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:53 pm
i used to be absolutely fascinated with Ancient Egypt when I was little. I would still want to go there, but I'm afraid of the freaky fundis over there that hate Americans and would gladly kill one...

What did I ever do?! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:33 pm
Hmm, a friend of mine sent me an e-mail with a giant list of goddesses. I'm sure there was one of the Inuit people...And on a side note, did you know that Alaska touches on two different oceans?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces