Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Glitchy Sims

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chikiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:44 am
This has happened to a few of my sims: on some actions like using the toilet and social interactons towards other sims, their task queue deletes all of their tasks and they do nothing. When they are visiting other sims's houses they can't interact with anyone either. Also, their plumbob sort of flickers on and out. Does anyone know what's going on and how I can stop it from happening?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:48 pm
The closest to this I have ever got is having Sims' actions drop out of the que, or drop before they get there. Usually it just sorts itself though so I unfortunately can't suggest anything for you.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chikiya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:00 am
Okay, thanks. Maybe I should just wait for it to correct itself  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:27 am

I know EXACTLY what you mean - I've had the same thing happen to me. Since it doesn't help to move the families out or anything, I set about finding solutions to the problem.

Eventually I figured out that items in the house were causing it to glitch.
See, I moved in my family and placed their furniture - IT started glitching right away.
So I went into the inventory, and started putting EACH AND EVERY item into the inventory. Voila - the glitch disappeared. When I put the furniture back - it magically came back.

If you clear out the furniture room by room, you can figure out what room the glitch is in, and if you do a bit more of that you can figure out the EXACT item thats causing the problem. Understand so far?

This doesn't mean that you can't ever use the item again - usually you can just delete it and buy another one. confused

I hope this made sense, I really do. If it doesn't, PM me and I'll try and explain it again. I know what your problem is, and so this should work. Just pick up their furniture and put it into a sims inventory, and put it all back - Slowly, until you find the item causing you problems smile

Zally

Greenzally

minaflower71

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:46 pm
Oh my god! MY glitch is gone! THANKYOU. Sorry I was really grateful when I found this question!  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games