Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
sims 2 sports.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

this
  is a cool idea.
View Results

imanormalalien

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:24 pm
wouldnt that be a cool idea?
how come nobody came up with it yet?
i mean.. like competitive sports
like soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey, football, lacrosse, softball, tennis, golf, dance, cheerleading, archery, track, gymnastics, baseball, ultimate frisbee, etc!
and like.. the sims should do them. i mean i know they can swim, iceskate, and a few others.. but it would be cool if there were more "sporty sports" and the sims could like go on a sports team and etc. oh.. and you'd need to have the seasons expansion pack to get this expansion because some sports you can only play in certain seasons..

discuss:
-this idea
-other ideas for expansion packs.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:12 am
I guess it'd be cool but they'd have to change the way the game is to make you actively participate in sports.. you know?
As for ideas.... jeez the only other thing I could think of they can add to make it more realistic is taxes, but taxes suck.
The Sims: IRS  

gskilllet

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 am
The one main problem I can see with this idea is that the team sports would put a hell of a lot of pressure on lower spec machines to have all of the needed Sims on one lot at once to play a game.
Plus EA wont release a game which depends on a previous expansion. They try to make them stand alone with the base game.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:12 am
that souds cool  

Jhlalala

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:21 am
Actually, I think I've heard the idea before. In fact, I believe we have another thread on it.

...I think, if this DID happen, it would be a mini pack. Nothing special. And the only reason I'd get it is because I get all the packs.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:32 pm
I don't think it would work. Although it would probably help strengthen relationships, it would be hard to take care of your sims' needs while you're playing a sport.  

Robo-Pirate

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:54 pm
Im not sure about that idea, i probably wouldnt get it......  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm
And the idea that you'd need Seasons for it means it would never happen. Maxis would never make it so you NEED an expansion to play another expansion.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Princess Leia Organa-Solo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:20 am
it would be fun, neat idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:28 pm
I'm not personally "in" with the sports idea. I'm not exactly hating it either. But I do think that they should have a victorian sims 2. I'm talking like old classic ball gowns, wigs, huge exotic jewlery, castle tops on homes, brick windows, royal beds and silks...and a new skin, a pale yellowish skin.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

imanormalalien

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:03 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
I'm not personally "in" with the sports idea. I'm not exactly hating it either. But I do think that they should have a victorian sims 2. I'm talking like old classic ball gowns, wigs, huge exotic jewlery, castle tops on homes, brick windows, royal beds and silks...and a new skin, a pale yellowish skin.

nah, im not really into that stuff.
but i agree with the skin part.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm
The sports expansion pack does seem persuading but it really doesn't seem to work....  

minaflower71

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:17 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

Well, I dunno about an EXPANSION pack, but I think that would work out well in a stuff pack. 3nodding

As for the sports idea, it seems like that would be better for a console version of the sims than a PC version. As others have said, it would overload a computer, make it difficult to maintain motives, and change the general gameplay. Not only that, but it would require seasons, and Maxis doesn't make expansions dependent upon other expansions. sad

In a console version, however, it would work out nicely. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:21 pm
I think that'd be really cool. Like if u haave a sim in the athletic carrer, they could practise their sport at home. And they do have cheerleading outfits for the teens. the team sports would be kind of hard to manage...unless u play with all NPCs or something.  

randomchild91

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:40 pm
I don't know about this idea. Perhaps it's appealing to some but personally, I'm not so much into the concept. I really like having my sims participate in other activites. Sports would really be the last item of interest for me. But I suppose there could be more specific athletic career tracks, such as football, soccer, baseball, etc.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games