Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Celebration Info

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gskilllet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:53 am
Has anyone else got this expansion pack? When I did and installed it I expected to be able to play with the disk but it still wants me to use my previous pack (seasons) to PLAY not the celebration CD. This is the first time the sims has done this and I wanted to lend my seasons to one of my friends while I used celebration but not anymore  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:59 pm
Am I the only person who has experienced this?  

gskilllet

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 pm
That's supposed to happen.

Sorry to say it, but it's to discourage people from lending out their games. That's not strictly legal.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:05 pm
The Happy Holiday stuff pack was just like that. I kinda felt ripped off because I played $20 or so for the disc, then after a 5-10 minute install I didn't need it anymore. Ah well.  

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

athena08905

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:46 pm
hm...man, glad someone said something...I am getting celebration tomorrow and my friend let me have her seasons pack because I was sick and hadn't boughten it yet a while back when it first arrived. So instead of me having to go and get her a new game, I was going to just giver her old one back... :- oh well, now...I think seasons is, like, on sale or something now, though...
at bestbuy, they are selling celebration for $15.00 instead of $20.00 I thought it was weird, but awesome razz smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:49 pm
What's so great about the celebration one? It just gives you like, a new grill and balloons and party crap...  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces