Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Beauty is the Beast

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:14 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:15 pm
Story

When bubbly eleventh-grader Eimi Yamashita finds out that her parents are relocating for work, she decides to strike out on her own and move into a dormitory for girls. Little does Eimi suspect the exciting romantic adventures that await her there!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 pm
Creator

Tomo Matsumoto was born on January 8th in Osaka and made the switch from nurse to mangaka with her debut story Nemuru Hime (Sleeping Princess) in Lunatic LaLa magazine in 1995. Her other works include Kiss, a series about piano lessons and love, 23:00, a book about street dancing, and Eikaiwa School Wars (English School Wars), which is currently serialized in the monthly LaLa magazine. Ms. Matsumoto loves dancing and taking English lessons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:17 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 5 volumes
Status in US :: 5/5 released

User Image
Volume 1
Eimi's fellow residents are a little bit crazy, but a whole lot of fun. They've got a secret mission planned for Eimi's new resident initiation...and it has something to do with sneaking into the boys dormitory across the street and returning with a special keepsake! Can Eimi pull it off without getting caught by one of the handsomest (and cruelest) boys in the dorm?

User Image
Volume 2
It's Eimi's second term in her new home, and she's feeling homesick. Her friends try and help, but even food doesn't work this time. Leave it to the scariest guy in the dorms to cheer Eimi up! Wanibuchi takes her mind off her misery with a bunch of flowers and some tales of his hidden past. But can her newfound happiness withstand the trauma of a broken TV and a dark army of cockroaches?

User Image
Volume 3
Eimi unknowingly makes a conquest of Shimonuki, from the boys dorm. But she's so wrapped up in her admiration of Wanibuchi that she doesn't even notice. Shimonuki decides to seriously pursue Eimi, and what better way than to get close to the competition? But the plan backfires when Shimonuki starts to idolize Wanibuchi, too! Will Shimonuki ever be more than Eimi's fellow "Wanichin" fan?

User Image
Volume 4
As winter sets in at the dorms and the boys hog all the electricity to heat their rooms, Shimonuki continues his quest to win Eimi's heart. She agrees to a date, but they both end up confessing to Wanibuchi. Because despite Wanibuchi's commitment to another woman, Eimi can't stop loving him. So what will she do if Wanibuchi goes through with his plans to move back to Mexico?

User Image
Volume 5
Eimi's going home for the holidays--but she's only been to her parents' new house once! Shimonuki is all set to accompany her, but a family emergency keeps him in town. Eimi doesn't want to take the train alone, so she drags Wanibuchi with her. They spend the holidays traveling across the country and through Wanibuchi's past. Will his revelations bring them together, or ruin any chance of a happy ending?

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

subb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:41 pm
i didn't like the ending. it was like a cliffhanger. can't the author give us something? crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:37 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I haven't read the ending yet, I'll have to borrow it from you, All I borrowed from you was volume one... I'll have to call you so you bring them to me on Monday.

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aqua Blue Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:40 am
ive read up to the 3rdvolume. i did hear the ending wasn't good. so does she get with wanichin or does he go back to Mexico.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:16 am
the series is so funny and random i love it heart  

protecterofelements

cold2

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 pm
I actually liked the series even tho the ending wasn't as good as I would want it. The author has many other series that she's done which anyone can read on __. I love her work

mod edit: please don't mention manga scan sites (you can talk about what you've read, but please don't direct people to the sites, since it's againt Gaian TOS). Thanks!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:42 am
cold2
I actually liked the series even tho the ending wasn't as good as I would want it. The author has many other series that she's done which anyone can read on __. I love her work

mod edit: please don't mention manga scan sites (you can talk about what you've read, but please don't direct people to the sites, since it's againt Gaian TOS). Thanks!!

yeah i didn't even relize that it ended till i saw the complete sign next to it  

protecterofelements

nuripyon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:52 pm
I think this is one of my favorite series! 4laugh The story is weird and easy to read, and I just love the characters! The ending wasn't exactly how I wanted, since I just wanted more about Emi and Wanachin, but I was glad they got together~ heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 pm
I've been avoiding this series for awhile because I thought the premise sounded awful, but, oh my goodness, so much love heart heart heart

Shimonuki is so adorable. I really hope he wins Eimi over. I have a bad feeling Wanibuchi will win, though, because usually the guy I cheer on is the one who ends up losing '~' Stupid shojo manga conventions...

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:45 pm
I love how quirky this series was. Even though there wasn't a distinct 'plot', and it such a pleasure to read.

The ending made me angry, though, because I really sympathized with Shimonuki, and, as much as I loved Wanibuchi, I think Shimonuki should have won Eimi over in the end. Unrequited love makes me upset crying (probably because all of my love has been unrequited)

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games