Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Fushigi Yƻgi: Genbu Kaiden Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

puppy444219

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:21 pm
I can't wait to read the next one ^^ I do really hope it comes out soon...!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:12 pm
puppy444219
I can't wait to read the next one ^^ I do really hope it comes out soon...!

Volume 6 was released in Japan a few months ago, so I'd wager that Viz will be releasing it soon in the States as well. Watase-sensei got really ill and was forbidden to work on any of her manga for like... a year, which explains the huge delay.  

Asano Rain

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 am
She was ill, I didn't know that, is she doing better now?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:55 am
She took time off to rest and now she's working on her manga again (Genbu Kaiden and Sakura Gari). ^^

A lot of mangaka tend to get really sick because they work their arses off trying to meet deadlines, etc. Most mangaka seem to have at least one freetalk (those authors notes) that was written while hospitalized for exhaustion or sickness. xD  

Asano Rain

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm
very interesting story, but it wasn't my cup of tea  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:19 pm
Well I love this series! How many chapters are up to the end of vol 6? cause on onemanga.com i've read up to chapter 29, and thats where it stopped, for now. How many volumes are supposed to be in the series total?  

Luna Vampire Yuki

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:03 am
Luna Vampire Yuki
Well I love this series! How many chapters are up to the end of vol 6? cause on onemanga.com i've read up to chapter 29, and thats where it stopped, for now. How many volumes are supposed to be in the series total?

Well, I can't answer your first question, since I don't read FY:GK, however I can answer the second. In Japan right now, there are 8 volumes, however the series is still running, aka, who knows how long it will be. :]
However, Yuu Watase Perfect World Fushigi Yuugi magazine, which FY:GK used to run in, has stopped publication. FY:GK will now run in Flowers magazine (which runs monthly), but it's going to run on an irregular schedule. So basically, it's always going to be up in the air as to when there's going to be a new chapter of FY:GK, especially now that Watase has three series running at once (FY:GK, Sakura Gari, and her new, un-named series).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:34 am
Apparently the 7th volume is coming on in November, so it looks like we'll have to wait... more. Least it's not more than a year this time!

mistedwings

Mizuko_Arashimoto

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:38 am
I still need to start reading this... >_>;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 am
Genbu Kaiden has finally restarted in Japan. ;D It now runs in Rinka magazine though which is only released 4 times a year (though the chapters are around 60 pages each time), so it will likely only be coming out at one volume a year.

kel aka gandy
Captain

xxxDark Crystal Queenxxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 am
I love this series, but I've only been able to read up until Volume 5.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:01 am
OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I just saw on Amazon that the expected release date for VOLUME 10 is SEPTEMBER 2012!!!!!!

It makes me sad that it too three years to release one volume though, but i'm SO EXCITED! I want to read it so bad! biggrin  

0o-Kikyon-o0

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 am
0o-Kikyon-o0
OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I just saw on Amazon that the expected release date for VOLUME 10 is SEPTEMBER 2012!!!!!!

It makes me sad that it too three years to release one volume though, but i'm SO EXCITED! I want to read it so bad! biggrin

I know! It's so exciting! It took a long time in Japan as well. Volume 11 comes out this month in Japan though, so it should be out sometime early-ish next year in English. Now that the releases are a little more frequent in Japan, they should be a little more frequent English. :] And of course by a little more frequent, I mean about one volume a year, which is the rate in Japan currently...(though I don't think the series is going to be too much longer, seeing as things are all going to hell as of volume 9 already).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am
kel aka gandy
0o-Kikyon-o0
OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I know! It's so exciting! It took a long time in Japan as well. Volume 11 comes out this month in Japan though, so it should be out sometime early-ish next year in English. Now that the releases are a little more frequent in Japan, they should be a little more frequent English. :] And of course by a little more frequent, I mean about one volume a year, which is the rate in Japan currently...(though I don't think the series is going to be too much longer, seeing as things are all going to hell as of volume 9 already).

OMG i know D: I love Yuu Watase's work SOOO much that I never want it to end! I hope that if it does end sometime soon though, that it's satisfying! some series that end, probably should have because they leave so much up in the air. :/  

0o-Kikyon-o0

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games