Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Ultra Maniac

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:07 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:09 am
Story

Shy Ayu Tateishi has just made a new friend at school. But this new friend, much to her surprise, is no ordinary classmate. Nina Sakura may look like a normal middle school girl, but she's got a big secret.

She's a witch.
* Worldwide sales of more than 1.2 million copies and the inspiration for a hit anime series in Japan!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:12 am
Creator

Wataru Yoshizumi hails from Tokyo and made her manga debut in 1984 with Radical Romance in Ribon Original magazine. The artist has since produced a string of fan-favorite titles, including Quartet Game, Handsome na Kanojo (Handsome Girl), Marmalade Boy, and Random Walk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:19 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 5 volumes
Status in US :: 5/5 released

User Image
Volume 1
Shy Ayu Tateishi has just made a new friend at school. But this new friend, much to her surprise, is no ordinary classmate. Nina Sakura may look like a normal middle school girl, but she's got a big secret. She's a witch. Or, rather, she's studying to be a witch. And, apparently, she's not doing her homework. Her spells are devastating in their ineffectiveness and often result in the most embarrassing situations for poor Ayu. But things wouldn't be so bad if Nina's sorcery didn't make Ayu look silly in front of the one boy she secretly adores. All she wants is a simple love potion. What she gets, however, is a new best friend who almost flunked out of witch school!

User Image
Volume 2
When Yuta, a boy from Nina's home-dimension, enrolls in her earth school, his motivations are suspect even before he secretly gives her best friend Ayu a camera guaranteed to reveal true love. Ayu quickly learns that love is an emotion most fickle, and not even Nina's magic can predict the target of Cupid's pointed arrow!

User Image
Volume 3
But being a witch-in-training isn't as easy (or fun) as it seems. In fact, it's sort of a pain in the neck. There are secrets to keep, all kinds of tricky magical stuff to remember and never-ending catastrophes to sidestep. Nina may be sweet, but she's got a lot to learn. Thank goodness one of her schoolteachers is an émigré from the Magic Kingdom. Two witches are better than one, right? Well...maybe not.

User Image
Volume 4
Unfortunately, Nina is finding out that going to school on Earth is a lot more complicated than she first thought. Not everybody is glad to have a spunky (and cute) witch flitting about campus. A girl named Sayaka, for example, has recently become obsessed with Nina. A half-witch herself, Sayaka is jealous that her new classmate is stealing all the attention away from her. Like they say in the Magic Kingdom, "There's no fury like that of a teenage witch ignored!"

User Image
Volume 5
For as long as she can remember, Nina has wanted to attend the most prestigious learning institute in the Magic Kingdom. And now, finally, she's getting her wish. But going away to school means leaving all her new friends behind. Poor Nina. What will she do? Will she return to the Magic Kingdom or will she stay in Japan with her best friend, Ayu, and Hiroki, the boy who loves her? Growing up is full of difficult choices. It's time for Nina to make the most important decision of her life.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:54 am
I really would have like it if the story was a little longer. Marmalade boy was eight volumes, and it felt a little more complete. Then again I had also seen the Anime for Marmalade Boy before reading the manga.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:36 pm
I only have one through three... *pout* so I didn't read four and five's summaries! razz  

Fire Demoness Jaganshi

honeymilkuma

Dapper Dabbler

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:34 pm
whee this manga is so cute and funny! nina is hilarious!

i'm still waiting to read volumes 4 and 5 though *sigh*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:09 pm
HA!!! I got number four, now!!! XD!!! I own!! BOO and YAH!!! XDDD Now I just need five and I got it all!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! twisted

...don't mind me, I'm hyped up on sugar right now... O.o  

Fire Demoness Jaganshi

Fire Demoness Jaganshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 pm
HAHAHA.... I bought five for myself for my sweet sixteen... it was on monday... hee hee hee....

THAT BOOK MADE ME CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:46 pm
I read the last volume a few months ago. It was so good, but I wanted more. Altough it was cool how the bonus chapter was them three years later. I miss Ayu's long hair but still it's nice. I guess I,m nostalgic about it.  

Aqua Blue Angel

Syresin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:22 pm
Omg My First Shojo Beat Title!

It Is Definatley My Favorite Story, And Cryed At The Ending. crying
I Still Wished Wataru Would Of Made More Vols.. whee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:59 pm
I was so sad about Nina having to leave!!!!!!!!  

Tambergal

Blessed Elder

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games