View Results

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:54 pm
WOW I'M BACK. After being banninated, then unbanninated (thanks to the powers that be), then changing my name TWICE (Cyborg-Mermaid --> `A l i t a --> Anima Lux). Now I have returned.

Well, now that that's out of the way (and people are scratching their heads wondering who the heck this girl is, exactly), I'll tell you about a wonderful experience I had recently.

My boyfriend bought me the Faeries' Oracle roughly a year ago. I worked almost continuously with it for about a month (getting it in tune with me, learning some of the cards, learning how to shuffle the cards properly, etc.) then had to put it down because life gave me a kick in the pants.

Well, since it's been getting warm again and my witchy-senses have been tingling more than usual, I decided to bring them out. To begin with, I was going to do a one card reading to see what they had to say about my friend who had just recently had his old health issues flare up. I was quite worried, and the cards I've had in the past have been a good source of comfort for me before. So, I broke them out, tried to gather myself a bit (though not too much, as it was during a thunderstorm and later in the evening; thunderstorms give me hella energy) and pulled out a card.

Much to my surprise, instead of the cards telling me something about the situation with my friend's health, the cards berated me (TWICE!) for not using them in so long. They weren't mad, just disappointed that I had been neglecting them for so long (as the Fee Lion told me). Then they, begrudgingly and after a few tries, read for my friend's situation.

So, let's talk.

Do you have cards or rune stones you like to use? How about scrying?

Anything like this ever happen to you? Do share!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:51 am
I also read the Faerie's Oracle, though I never really read for other people... just for myself, life, advice etc. It's always worked really well for me and came a lot more naturally to me than Tarot. (Which is funny, because I got the Faeries Oracle initially for the artwork as I'm a big Froud fan). It shouldn't have surprised me though, I've always had a strong connection with Faerie - via my art and other... um... experiences. You should keep in mind though, that the cards themselves don't actually talk/have power... it's the Faerie that speak though them (at least in my experience). smile

The next kind of Divination I have in mind to try is one using found objects. Basically you find natural objects (small stones, wood, shells, etc) that each have specific meaning for you... and then you throw them and read them based on which are closer to the center vs. the outside. It's a little more complex than that, but that's the basic process (for anyone who wants to learn about it, it's in the end of Poppy Palin's "Craft of the Wild Witch").

A friend of mine also had us do Billet Readings at a gathering recently. This is a fun, and exciting way to practice reading with a group. Everyone writes a question on a slip of paper and puts it into a sealed envelope. Then they write a number or draw a symbol on it that they will remember (but are careful nobody else knows which envelope is theirs). Then everyone takes turns drawing an envelope at random (if you get yours you shuffle it back in) and doing a reading. How does it feel? Hot or cold? Does it feel like a yes or no? Like a certain season or color. That sort of thing. AFTER the reading the reader turns the envelope and holds it up so that the person who's number/symbol is on it can claim it. (So nobody knows if theirs is being read until after the reading). The question-asker can then open it and read their question to the group IF they want to. It's fun, easy, and most people are surprisingly good at it. Even my boyfriend who isn't pagan at all, gave a great reading to someone. smile

Blessed be!
- Jessica Cathryn AKA Ryn  

JessicaCathryn

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:32 am
The group reading sounds really fun. Too bad I don't know a group of people who would be down with doing that. XP

And if my boyfriend were into doing readings/ divination work then he'd rock really hard at using found objects; his gift truly is finding the right things at the right time to use them (among other gifts, of course). It sounds interesting, though, so I might just pick up the book you mentioned and try it.

As far as the faeries go.. well.. I'm still learning how to work with them (via the cards and other means). It's been a long process and one which I've been really terrible and neglected. It's been almost the same story for me with the cards: I love Froud's artwork and wanted to get the Oracle for a while, and now it's just more easy and makes more sense to me than Tarot cards ever have. (Plus, the hand-me-down Tarot cards I have got all wonky and uhm.. don't quite.. er.. do it right, I guess; at least, it just doesn't feel right to me)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:40 am
I'm no good with oracle decks, but tarot decks on the other hand, I'm phenominal. surprised

Seriously though.

I do sortof collect tarot decks. >>
They're just so easy for me. I get so much detail about situations, so much perspective, SO MUCH from Tarot, I love them. I can see where it's not for everyone, but really, I can't imagine using a different card system. The imagry, the numerology, the astrology... There's just so much to it.

There are a few decks I've bought though, and ended up passing on to someone else because they just didn't work for me.

One of those cards that always shows up when I'm doing a "love" spread (or question, whatever) is the Knight of Pentacles, usually paired with the Page of Cups, as in, I'm going to meet someone like this, with this sorta duality. Then I met my boy-thing (we want to be friends first), who happens to be a Pisces(-Aries cusp), which is the sign of the Page and looks like a physical description of the Knight. surprised Now, if I do a spread about him, they pop up somewhere, along with his life path cards, sometimes paired with my cards. surprised

Nothing like THAT has happened before though. xd  

Jezehbelle

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:33 pm
I have this deck called "Tarot of the Moon Garden" or something similar, and it has a really dreamy quality to it. I don't pull it out as much as I should anymore, and I really want to do a reading for someone, but everyone around me just kind of stays away from "occult and new age" stuff.

Mostly I use this deck for introspection, and it's given me some pretty accurate answers at times, but once in a while I get something that's sort of vague. I'll admit I don't know much amout numerology and astrology, so I'm probably not getting the maximum out of my cards (if there are those kinds of symbols in there), but it's still a pretty interesting experience to have an inanimate object tell you something very intelligent. I wasn't aware cards had attitudes, though. Why am I not picking that up from MY deck? question

Meanwhile, I'm gonna try sleeping with a card under my pillow (I just hope I don't lose it when I wake up).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 pm
ok i know this is like two months after you guys posted, but you said (Kuroyue) that you'd like to do a reading for someone but nobody wants you to...if you'd like, pm me and you can try one on me, i think it'd be fun...nobody has ever really done a reading on or for me, but ive always thought that it would be interesting...any of you are welcome to this offer, i think it might give me insight that I myself might not see....  

Protectress

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:38 pm
Oh I love the faeries oracle!

My friend has a deck and the readings are really accurate smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:51 am
Ok, I know this thread is a bit old, but... My sister has that particular farie deck. I don't really see much of a difference between oracle cards and tarot as they do much the same thing and are cards... they are just ordered differently. Anyway... I have two tarot decks and my experience with them is that I suck at doing readings for myself or for someone sitting in front of me... but I can do online readings really well.... for some reason those are the ones that are really accurate and make sense when I read them. sweatdrop  

Lunasumerin

Romantic Ladykiller

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:08 am
*huggles her Revelations Tarot* I started on a basic Rider-Waite, but I just love this deck. I still keep my Rider-Waite (after all, it used to be my mom's).

I have a Robin Wood deck, but I've never really gotten into that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 pm
I own three tarot decks, a crystal ball, quartz crystal runes, a couple of pendulums and a deck of the Fairy Ring Oracle cards. Out of that bunch, I only every use two of my tarot decks, and the Fairy Ring.

The tarot decks (The Dragon Tarot and the Celtic Dragon Tarot) I use professionally when I do readings for other people. Spooks a lot of first timers, seeing dragons every where, but they're good decks and very reliable. One of them is going on nine years old, and I have other readers laugh when they see them and say that they've never seen cards to worn, but I use them a lot. They're like an old friend, or a comfortable pair of jeans: we know one another inside out. But I can't read for myself with them. I can see the information in them, but there's something in me that always rejects what they're saying.

The Fairy Ring, however, is another story altogether. They're the only deck I can use to read for myself. They're not only terrifyingly accurate most days, but they'll tell me off when I need to be (often when I check back too often on the same issue) and I've known cards from this deck to jump off an undisturbed shelf for no apparent reason to pass along information I'll need to know within a matter of hours. I've done well with them, considering I bought them first and foremost because they were pretty, then fell in love with the little bot of folklore and the meditative uses for each card. Not bad for something I bought because they were pretty. wink

The Bookwyrm
Crew

daltheater29 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 397!

daltheater29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:23 pm
I have three decks of Tarot cards:
One deck tells of the past(My dragon tarot)
One tells the present(my Fairie Wicca deck that I use for healing)
and the other tells the future(my Marcellus deck)

Now me and my Marcellus deck are very close. In fact we're so close that my deck reads how I think so I pretty much am the only one who understands it.

I'm very sad though because I moved and I had to leave my cards at home with my parents and I can feel that they miss me... I know when I get home they probably won't want to work for me, but I find in the past if I keep them with me at all times if I haven't been with them in a while that they'll work again.

I am also leaning how to do psychic dreams and palmistry. If anyone has any tips please message me!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:38 am
I have the fairy wicca deck. It works wonderful for me. I have tried using others, it just doesn't feel right. So I stick with my deck. I do very accuate readings for friends. They always come to me for readings. Recently I have started using my runes. They are made out of an apple branch and the symbols are burned on.  

Mor Righ Anu

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 pm
i use a faerie tarot, and i have to agree with the second lady (been having horrible memory issues, HELP ME!! gonk i can't stand forgetting!! crying i use autohypnosis because of that fear! ) anway, i have to agree with her that the fae themselves actualy speak through the cards. they have always worked well with me, especialy when i read for myself. i only JUST use dthem on two other people for the first tim ein my life thanksgiving this year, and i was worried because i'd never used them on anyone else before. i find they only work if i recite the faerie greeting... sweatdrop anyway, i have even found myself to be in fact half nymph!! eek ... ninja i believe it. anyway, i had specifically attuned it to the fae in the woods outside my house. i recently found where the portal is that they come through at night.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games