View Results

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:40 pm
Naruto dosent say "Believe it" anymore, or if he does, he does it very rarely.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:39 pm
NachoDude
WeaverMage
I saw the english episodes first. The dubbing drove me up the WALL. The way they spoke, their VOICES, the whole BELIEVE IT crap, the SASKAY s**t.
Discovering the subbed version was sheer bliss.

So i stick by my view that the english dubbed sucks. Just because you like it doesn't mean I have to.

Face that fact and get over it.

You see, it's not as much that I LIKE it, it's that you have to deal with it and it's not as bad as you think. And SASKAY "s**t"? That's how you pronounce it, actually. The 'u' is silent in most Japanese words.

wtf. No it isn't. =.='' "Sa-su-ke" aka "Sah-soo-keh" for the reaaally stupid.

and yes, it IS as bad as I think. If I cannot enjoy something because of how they speak and sound, it SUCKS.
I enjoy the manga,
I enjoy the subbed,
the dub makes me squirm in agony.

So get over it, it sucks and I won't like the dub because you tell me to. neutral  

Weavers

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 am
WeaverMage
NachoDude
WeaverMage
I saw the english episodes first. The dubbing drove me up the WALL. The way they spoke, their VOICES, the whole BELIEVE IT crap, the SASKAY s**t.
Discovering the subbed version was sheer bliss.

So i stick by my view that the english dubbed sucks. Just because you like it doesn't mean I have to.

Face that fact and get over it.

You see, it's not as much that I LIKE it, it's that you have to deal with it and it's not as bad as you think. And SASKAY "s**t"? That's how you pronounce it, actually. The 'u' is silent in most Japanese words.

wtf. No it isn't. =.='' "Sa-su-ke" aka "Sah-soo-keh" for the reaaally stupid.

and yes, it IS as bad as I think. If I cannot enjoy something because of how they speak and sound, it SUCKS.
I enjoy the manga,
I enjoy the subbed,
the dub makes me squirm in agony.

So get over it, it sucks and I won't like the dub because you tell me to. neutral

Sorry to butt in, but the Nacho guy is right. It's pronounced, "Saskay". If you listen to the Japanese version, that's how it's properly pronounced. ^^

And, I still can't help but disagree with the fact that the dubbed Naruto is not bad. Naruto's voice hurts my ears. T.T But then again, we can't exactly try to force our opinions on someone else. I encounter this type of thing ALL the time in the Harry Potter forums for different shippers. Just because one person thinks it's crap doesn't mean that that is how it is. And, just because someone else thinks it's ok doesn't mean that THAT is how it is. People's opinions are different... get over it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:53 am
Kexita
I remember thinking something similar to all this awhile back. The american naruto *does* have its problems, but it's not *that* bad. I'm actually happy it's on CN! (le gasp!) because unlike most of the population, im stuck in the stone age with dial up, and I can't download naruto like the rest of you lucky punks on dsl and comcast can. D: I can't even watch them on youtube. And reading the manga is nice, but it gets a little...dull afterawhile, knowing that I could be seeing the series with color and sound and voice acting.

If i just grin and...painfully bear the things that I don't like, (ie: naruto's "believe it!") i enjoy the anime on CN. Because if i just see something I don't like, or see something they messed up in the plot, I can just smile and nod, and know they don't really sound like that, and what really happened in the plot. 3nodding

Same exact thoughts here, i cant watch any thing on youtube either, and when i try, just a stupid 3 min video takes 2 and a half hours to load, one thing i do agree with though is that it does really start to give you a migraine after he says " believe it " the first hundred times  

Kai Hyuga

NachoDude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:02 pm
No, no, you all have the wrong idea. I'm not telling you to LIKE it, just not to rag on it. Some people (not including me) have no other way to obtain the show, and they have no choice. Believe me, I hate "Believe it" as much as anybody, but, hey, it's Naruto, ya gotta love it! I don't want to force you to watch it, like it, or even praise it, I'm simply stating that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. And as for "messing up the plot"? I haven't seen any of that. But, please, don't get the wrong idea! I hate it too, but that's normal for fans of the original. If you had never seen it before and watched it in English, you might not think the series was very good. But if you were to stick it out, you'd get interested and start reading the manga and downloading. Then you hate the English. Circle of Li-...er...Naruto. Now, enough of this talk! Nachodude out!  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff