Submit

Are you celebrating this year?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:21 am
Also went on a nice flower photo-shoot yesterday, but not at where I work. Just around the neighborhood. Got some shots that were pretty good; might upload a few to share if I think of it later.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:15 pm
I would love to see those when they are up!  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 pm
I'm still at Air Force basic training right now, and I went to a wiccan service this past sunday and we celebrated Beltaine.

It was fun. There was about 40 of us and after casting a circle, we all weaved ribbons around a May pole. You know, where half the people go in one direction and the other half go the other... it was great. As we were doing that we were chanting "She changes everything she touches and everything she touches changes". We split cookies and grape juice to replace plain bread and wine as to "have our hunger and thirst always be satisfied". I would go on, but I have a strict time limit here right now. Good thing is I graduate Friday (the 4th) so yay! I should be back on frequently by the end of the month, since I have to buy a laptop yet.
heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:14 pm
I'm doing my Beltaine things on Saturday (the 5th). Fire and flowers for me.
No reenactment though. . _ .

I usually don't plan them out too much. I just let it flow mostly.

Seira Relur
I'm still at Air Force basic training right now, and I went to a wiccan service this past sunday and we celebrated Beltaine.

It was fun. There was about 40 of us and after casting a circle, we all weaved ribbons around a May pole. You know, where half the people go in one direction and the other half go the other... it was great. As we were doing that we were chanting "She changes everything she touches and everything she touches changes". We split cookies and grape juice to replace plain bread and wine as to "have our hunger and thirst always be satisfied". I would go on, but I have a strict time limit here right now. Good thing is I graduate Friday (the 4th) so yay! I should be back on frequently by the end of the month, since I have to buy a laptop yet.
heart heart
Ooooh! That sounds awesome!  

Jezehbelle

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:19 pm
It's great that the military has some options for Neopagans; that wasn't so not too long ago or so I understand. It's funny though that despite the military recognition of Wicca it took so darned long to get the symbol approved by the VA. sweatdrop

I didn't upload all my photos; I also shrunk them so they're reasonable for download times for those without highspeed. I took some more great ones at a nature preserve site I worked at today. The Trilliums are out in force as are the Spring Beauties... some of my favorite forest wildflowers!

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:39 pm
safkef
Celestia Whitesword
Both myself and my cousin's birthdays fall on May 1st. 3nodding Though we've never truly actively done any rituals or anything. ^^;;

Happy Early Birthday!

Thanks! ^__^ heart  

AFK Masturbating

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 am
Starlock

I didn't upload all my photos; I also shrunk them so they're reasonable for download times for those without highspeed. I took some more great ones at a nature preserve site I worked at today. The Trilliums are out in force as are the Spring Beauties... some of my favorite forest wildflowers!

Those are gorgeous!  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces