Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
The Banner Contest II: Teh Revenge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 am
Hazzah!

I, your amazing and fearless leader, have taken note that this guild is in desperate need of new, more lively blood. Likewise there is a whole community of AMV editors and fans out there just waiting to be discovered. Carpe canem! I, by the power invested in me by AVID itself, do here by decree this, the month of May 2007, to be guild-wide "AMV Appreciation Month."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
In celebration of this new founded holiday I will be hosting the AMV Guild Banner Contest part 2! This is a contest of you, the people, judged by you, the people. Submissions will begin tomorrow April 14th and are to be posted in this thread only. Each eligible submission will be added to this post so make voting easier. Of course all banners must contain the words "AMV" and "Guild" somwhere therein. Likewise the banner must abide by Gaia's TOS and is required to be AMV related and non-derogatory in manor. "What is a derogatory banner?" if you even question whether you banner is appropriate you probably need to re-assess the approach. of course you can always PM a crew member if you need help at any time. Animations are not required, but this being an AMV guild I would recommend it. For your banner to be accepted it must comply with gaia's standard banner regulations of 200x40 resolution and a maximum filesize of 100KBs. All submissions must be in our hands by 11:59 pm (gaian standard time) on the evening of April 30th 2007. All in all, don’t forget to have fun!
All submissions accepted as eligible and compliant will be placed in “Teh Voting Sticky” on the morning of May 1st and will be provided with polling numbers for easy and accurate vote counting. The winners will be announced shortly thereafter and one grand prize winner will receiver a super magical gift prize, as well as some gold and his or her name in lights on the front page of the guild or….. What’s in the box that Hiro-san is bringing down the isle right now! What’s it gonna be?! You win, you chose! New banners, more members, AMVs! Now in brilliant TeChNoCoLoR!!

Da Rulez: (cliff's notes version)

1. Banners must be AMV related! duh...
2. Banners must say the words "AMV" and "Guild" somewhere.
3. Banners MUST abide by the Gaia TOS and must not be derogatory. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
4. Banners must fit the 200x40 standard and be no more than 100KBs in size.
For a template you may save this file to the side ==>

The current submissions:
1.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2.) User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:05 pm
WHERE ARE MY BANNERS!? scream

Okay, I have extended the Banner Contest DAMN NEAR INDEFINITELY! That means that you have quite some time to finish good banner for the guild. I will set a contest close date when I feel we have enough submissions. So Hurry up or you'll miss out.
If you need a good .gif animator, Easy Gif Animator is a good program that I use. And not only does it give you a very nice trial period, but the total package is $20 (us)! Great for the editor on a budget. SO GO MAKE A DAMN BANNER ALREADY!! And please remember to put the banner in your sig with a link to the guild sign up page!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=4059&gmode=requestjoin

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

MalXII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:36 pm
So just post submissions here then?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 am
MalXII
So just post submissions here then?

Yes, prease!
^^

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:19 am
Indeed, Post 'em here!
My craptacular banner should be finished soon 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There, my amazing 4 minutes of work banner.  

MalXII

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:49 pm
User Image

Mwahahahaaha! My banner of awesomeness!

:3

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Desdemona Legardored
User Image

ninja blaugh blaugh ninja  

Pheonix Starlight
Crew

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:54 pm
Pheonix Starlight
Desdemona Legardored
User Image

ninja blaugh blaugh ninja

Ah hA! The badgers have a fan!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:53 pm
Neeed more banners gonk  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Meli-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:46 pm
I'm glad that a PM was sent to me about this guild. I almost forgot about it; it's been so long! I may try the banner thing, but I'm very busy at the moment. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:50 pm
Meli-Chan
I'm glad that a PM was sent to me about this guild. I almost forgot about it; it's been so long! I may try the banner thing, but I'm very busy at the moment. smile

:3 That's why we were sending the PMs...so people remember we're here!

Yaay~

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

FreshPrince2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 pm
working on mine its gonna be a whole lot of masking xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 am
When will voting actually start? |:<  

MalXII

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:12 am
MalXII
When will voting actually start? |:<

When we get more banners.... sweatdrop Seeing as we only have two...we're waiting for more.

SO get making D;!

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff