View Results

sinner_77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 pm
Evil_Eva78
Scott Ritter
Is it real?
is it really desirable?
After all happiness is the precursor to sorrow without them we can have
peace. I want your opinion on the subject, I personally don't think it truly exists outside of stories

wow dude ur a downer i mean love is real nd one day ull find it if u dont push it away

yeah he is he also makes a lot of good points  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:16 pm
The Goth Apple
d o c TRANSVESTITE
The Goth Apple
Scott Ritter
but what is love to you thats the big question
to me love is a selfless emotion
but selflessness is a falsehood would you truly love someone if you got nothing out of it
and so it is lust (not nessicerly the sexual kind) but lust for acceptance, for acknowledgment for the reciprocation of your feelings
that is not love

Lust and love aren't strictly related, they just tend to hang out together.
Lust isn't love, not at all.
But on a different note, are you actually saying that people wouldn't love each other if they didn't get anything out of it? If that were true, where would unrequited love fit in?

Unrequited love is a masochistic tendency, what they get out of it isn't a physical gratification, it's the pleasure they get from the torture knowing they'll never get that love.

I can think of no way I could be misinterpreting this.
What you are saying is that anyone who loves someone who doesn't love them back enjoys suffering, and that falling in love is a conscious choice.
The thought that you might actually believe that depresses me. :/

It's first-year psychology. Any ninth grader could know it.  

ffsghyanbh

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:19 pm
Evil_Eva78
Scott Ritter
Is it real?
is it really desirable?
After all happiness is the precursor to sorrow without them we can have
peace. I want your opinion on the subject, I personally don't think it truly exists outside of stories

wow dude ur a downer i mean love is real nd one day ull find it if u dont push it away

Actually, he's only a downer because his manner of speaking is frank and realistic. I would expect such a fanciful dreamer as you seem to be to believe that realism is depressing.

Logically, sorrow is the end of happiness, therefore happiness is the precursor to sorrow, just like sorrow can also be a precursor to happiness, since happiness is the end to sorrow. Night is the end of day, day is the end of night. Day is a precursor to night, night is a precursor to day. It's as simple as that.

In the modern condition, love is extremely difficult to find outside of stories, simply because stories are largely what influence our ideals of love. In that respect, love stories are an advertisement guilty of false advertising technique. Real love has changed to the point where it must exist in stories to be a believable concept, regardless of the potential fictional content of said stories.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:37 pm
d o c TRANSVESTITE
The Goth Apple
d o c TRANSVESTITE
The Goth Apple
Scott Ritter
but selflessness is a falsehood would you truly love someone if you got nothing out of it
and so it is lust (not nessicerly the sexual kind) but lust for acceptance, for acknowledgment for the reciprocation of your feelings
that is not love

But on a different note, are you actually saying that people wouldn't love each other if they didn't get anything out of it? If that were true, where would unrequited love fit in?

Unrequited love is a masochistic tendency, what they get out of it isn't a physical gratification, it's the pleasure they get from the torture knowing they'll never get that love.

What you are saying is that anyone who loves someone who doesn't love them back enjoys suffering, and that falling in love is a conscious choice.

It's not a question of knowing. It's an opinion. It is not possible to have an incorrect opinion.
My opinion is that love is not a conscious choice. Clearly yours it that it is.
Your opinion confuses me; do you think you could explain it further?
Preferably without insinuating that if I were smarter, I would agree with you; if that's an option.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:33 pm
The Goth Apple
d o c TRANSVESTITE
The Goth Apple
d o c TRANSVESTITE
The Goth Apple
Scott Ritter
that is not love

It's not a question of knowing. It's an opinion. It is not possible to have an incorrect opinion.
My opinion is that love is not a conscious choice. Clearly yours it that it is.
Your opinion confuses me; do you think you could explain it further?
Preferably without insinuating that if I were smarter, I would agree with you; if that's an option.

Firstly, I never insinuated that. I merely pointed out that that's what's taught in most first-year-psychology classes, and those classes are an option to all grades in high school. Of course, you interpreted that way, and from the looks of it, your interpretation as such holds its roots in a desire to find some sort of wrong I did to you.

That aside, love is a conscious choice because the unconscious choice is the desire to procreate with someone. Love is what the conscious mind makes of it, which is why there are so many opinions about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:44 pm
Life is creation or destruction. If love the creative energy? Than to create and live is love.

Love as in stories is unreal. Like knowledge taken from a book without learning it. One's path its unique.

You want a love like that in a soap opera or fairy tale? You truly want something that only looks real, but behind is just an illusion. If love exists, then in cant be compared, classified or judged... just lived.

I see a lot of people who live their life and relationships as if playing a part in some drama. " I should feel this..., do this... and he/she will do this... and feel that..." They both smile at their lie. Sure they feel, but is it love? Or are they just inlove with love? Do you love your partner, or are you inlove with what he/she represents?

If you look for Love, you wont find it. At least not the real love, only the fake prefabricated lie. But if you are free of this madness, remove all that you think you know about love and start living in a unique way, you might learn what love really is.  

AmberGriffon

tehrainbowness

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:20 pm
Well I have been of the opinion( in my extreme existential moods) that emotions are merely a distraction in our lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm
I believe that there is love, because I am currently in love. The thing is, I am way too young to actually be in this type of relationship. I realize that, and I and resenting that fact with my whole being. I love being in love, but i need a break. I need a break from love so that i can catch up on life. I haven't gone too far, and i hope not to, but i know that there is Love out there. You just have to find it.  

truths untold

master_maji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:15 pm
love is allways worth no matter how much pain you must endure....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Love is there but it is one of the hardest things to find. For when one finds it, keeping it can also be a hard task as well because when one falls out of love it can turn a life upside down. If you can find love and keep it, then it can be one of the most enjoyable things that you can experience in life. It may not be like how one reads or watches it but that type of feeling will be there.

NekoYasha09er

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces