Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
This Is The "Suckiest" day ever.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm
Did she uninstall them? If not, you can always find a no-cd patch to play the game with. (They're perfectly legal so long as you own the game.)

That doesn't get your games back, but at least you would be able to play.

Tell your mother that she acted really immaturely and should've just talked to you. She's not setting a very good example.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm

I hope you're not talking to her.

Make her feel guilty. I think if my parents did that, I'd run away. gonk gonk gonk

Why don't you leave a "Run away" note, saying "You stole my life. MY SIMS! And so... blabla. Run away for an afternoon, LOL.

Greenzally

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:56 pm
That's a bit extreme Zally isn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:58 pm
eek eek eek exclaim
I'm soooooo sorry to hear that! I guess you still have Gaia...

Miss_Ezra

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:05 pm
Menaceman

blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 am
Menaceman

Yes, of course it is. But at the same time, wasn't what her mother did even more blaugh extreme? Yes, I like to think so!

I wasn't being serious thouth. This is the thing with sarcasm online - No one gets it! xd

Greenzally

deceitful_hearts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:20 am
GAH! My mom did that once, said it was "unhealthy!" Its sooooooo adictive though!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 am
Menaceman
No offence but is your mum stupid? Did she not know they cost quite a bit of cash?
Sorry to hear they got thrown out.
I was just thinking of the cost. I saw an expansion for $70 something (Australian dollar) I was like eek I don't think my mum would throw them out, just hide them from me or something since she's the one that bought me it.  

Bloody Ally

minaflower71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:33 pm
That's sooo (no offence) dumb! All the Sims expansion and CD and everything would have cost enough money for some people to buy like......umm...a lot of food. It's like throwing out money. If she gave the Sims away I guess it would be more understanding (still evil but...) but she threw them out. I feel sorry for you. I have no idea for cheap places. I just get it from wal-mart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:20 pm
why not buy the sims 2 (not the stuff/expansion) and see if it just play.  

Doctor Nitrus Brio

Strya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:10 am
From an adult point of view, that was a really stupid thing to do. Not even counting how much money was thrown down the drain.

I see your mom's point -- you know, learning to budget your time, do things in moderation, earn your right to your preferred form of leisure, etc. But throwing your stuff away doesn't teach you that, you know?

I'd think she would take them away and say something like, "Ok, when you've done your homework for the week, you get them back for 2 hours, and when you clean your room, you get them back for another 2 hours," and stuff like that. Or even something like, "Every week, you get X hours of TV, X hours of computer, and the rest of your time, you need to find something constructive to do."

All she really taught you is to not really value $200, that it can be thrown down the drain. Especially *someone else's* $200.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:39 pm
When I read this, my heart jumped into my throat! I can't believe how extreme and immature she acted in throwing away so much money as well as a great source of leisure time and fun for you! Seriously, if my mom ever did such a thing, I think I'd never speak to her again... or just steal her money to replace the games. But that aside, there was so much else she could've done instead! That's terrible! Sorry for the loss.  

Princess Harmonia

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces