Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Is it just me? Am I high?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CristoVII

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:39 pm
...or did my fantasy come true? There is actually a majority of coherent threads/posts in the General Discussion forum!

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but over the days I have noticed fewer and fewer threads/posts that are worthy of being a horror story. In fact, the only errors I see are capitilization which I don't mind, and some punctuation error. Seriously, did we get our message through to at least some GDers? Of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't txt tlkers still lurking about like a shark in bloody water, but my god that's an improvement!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:47 pm
I really try to stay away from that thread. Most of the people who post there now are text-talking thirteen-year-olds that are very rude. Ah, I miss the good old days...  

High5MyRemix

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:54 am
Impossible. It dictates that the GD must be full of trolls, spammers, idiots, n00bs, retards, or people who just want to show off their wealth.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:19 am
When I went there, I mainly just saw n00bs ranting about stupid things.  

Paiina

LexiHulan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:45 am
What you may think is true, but you have to look at not just one area, but all of the areas. In Barton Town I'm afraid to say I was horrified to see so many people have grammatical errors that I was almost scared to go back. It may just be one place, but you have to look at the whole picture or else your fanasty may not have come true. I'm just saying, the world is still full of them and it's not getting any better! scream

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:59 am
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Judging by the subject lines, it looks alright grammatically. The topics though... *Shudders*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:15 am
alexiaangelHolver
What you may think is true, but you have to look at not just one area, but all of the areas. In Barton Town I'm afraid to say I was horrified to see so many people have grammatical errors that I was almost scared to go back. It may just be one place, but you have to look at the whole picture or else your fanasty may not have come true. I'm just saying, the world is still full of them and it's not getting any better! scream

I agree. Towns isn't what it used to be either. It's full of noobs in starter sets asking for donations or wanting to cyber. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:20 am
I've given up on the GD and CB anymore. They used to be kind of fun, but now I scare the people I share an office with when I start ranting. They look at me funny when I try to puzzle out the txt tlk by stuttering it aloud.  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Natsuri

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:20 pm
I used to post on there too, but now look at the topics! Some of them, if not few, are reasonable, but all they talk about is one of two possible things: pointless babble or big boobs and n***s.

The degradation of the GenDiscuss, or GD, makes the sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic look ho-hum! Except that the actual loss of life to frigid waters is much worse compared to the merciless butchering of proper English. confused  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Frankly, I am frightened of the GD.  

Subservient Nonentity

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas