Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What is the funniest grammar mistake you've ever made? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll question?
  Poll answer.
View Results

Naturally-Obsessive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:59 pm
Reading out loud in class instead of saying "academies" I pronounced it academee with that second a short. Everyone started laughing and the same word was in the next sentence and Jacob started doing the same thing I did and caught himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:18 pm
At one point, I was at Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and both of my grandmothers were there. So, when my mom accidentally dropped a porcelain dish, which broke upon the instant of impact, I said out loud, "It got broked!" So then my grandmothers both got up to slap me. e_e (They're English teachers... >.<)  

Specter125

Demented_Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 am
SuperScott78
"A few weeks ago I told my friend to go to PEN island.com The site was autually called, p***s land.com
But it wasn't a mistake so I fail." D:
Actually, it's PENISLAND.com

Who did that in the first place?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 am
TheStoof
If I make a mistakes, it's because it would mine I were lazy.
"If I make a mistake, it's because that I am lazy."

Sorry.

Demented_Duck

Demented_Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 am
bluest black
Mine is when I would talk to my english teacher I would say Keif insted of Keith because One day I walked up to him and said "Mr. Keif dose the board clean to be need."
It was funny as crap bacause he just burst out Laughing at me.

I also use to live Does a street called Carp place and in ^th grade my teacher asked us to say the streets we lived on and I said "I live on Crap Place." She laughed at me too.
You said "dose," instead of "does?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 am
I usually mix up words in sentences...

Also sometimes, I forget how to spell words.

And, words in general.

I say "thingie, thingie" if I forget a word.

Demented_Duck

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:07 pm
I couldn't remember how to spell future the other day...

I was all, "Futur? Futar? Futer?" Then I just typed it in Word...

._.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:45 pm
My sis and I normally talk a mixture of Spanish and English. One day, instead of saying 'explanation' I said 'explication,' which kind of sounds like 'explanaciOn.' They laughed their butts off about this. I let them laugh for a few years until a few weeks ago. I saw on international television an important diplomat also say 'explication.' Now who has the last laugh twisted  

applecyder

jgamefreek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:35 pm
Mine would defiantly be back in 2005 when my aunt and uncle were married, after the party we went to reno and all stayed in hotels(reno is also where the ceremony was held), the following day we were getting ready to leave and this being my first time in an hotel I began to roll my luggage out the door, as soon as my mother saw me she laughed and said: Justin! haven't you ever been in a hotel before? we don't have to do the work, the (Forgot their names but whatever)~~~ do it for us, annoyed by her "Haven't you ever been in a hotel before?" comment I hauled my luggage back and called service after cheery a greeting I said "Hi! could you come pick up our luggage? (Ludge-edge), I mean!; luggage, NO! I mean luggage! Can you just come up and get our stuff?!?" Me, nor my mother have never forgotten that gonk  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff