Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims 2 Packaging - Box Design [Now with PICS]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Kthx!
View Results

Greenzally

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 am

heart

The other day I found myself staring (and fantasising) at my Sims 2 Boxes.
I came to the conclusion that I love the Pets, University, Seasons... screw that! I adore all the boxes!

But, have you ever noticed how the Seasons disk is just plain maroon, with no pictures? Did Maxis get lazy?
These are my disks:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And these are my boxes, arranged in order from newest to oldest:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What colour boxes would you like to see next?
How do you arrange your boxes?

Spoonfed:
Anything relating to the Sims 2 Packaging

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:35 am

And, is it just me, or do the University disks look... faded? Like they ran out of ink?

I suppose it could just be my disks. gonk

Greenzally

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 am
The university discs have a sort of pastel shade to them, not as bold as the other discs.

As for the Seasons disc; none of my discs have ever had pictures on them, just plain block colours. The only ones that have a sort of plumbob pattern on them are the stuff pack discs.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:16 am
Hm, Well, I havn't been able to get seasons yet, but my disks sort of sound like yours.

And quite personaly, I'd like a "rainbow sims" to come out. with a rainbow box and disk, and in it you could like, have lesbian couples and gay marrages...i know you can have it in the regular sims already, but woudln't it be cool to expand on that, and have a rainbow disk? sounds pretty good to me...lolz.

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Greenzally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 am
Menaceman
The university discs have a sort of pastel shade to them, not as bold as the other discs.

As for the Seasons disc; none of my discs have ever had pictures on them, just plain block colours. The only ones that have a sort of plumbob pattern on them are the stuff pack discs.

You mean... your disks don't look like mine? gonk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:04 am
Hmm my seasons disk has a picture on it.  

PoisonedWish

Greenzally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am
Anacia

Maybe its cause I have the DVD Edition of Seasons, and all my others are the PC editions?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:01 pm
Greenzally
Anacia

Maybe its cause I have the DVD Edition of Seasons, and all my others are the PC editions?

That might be the case because I have the CD version of the Seasons and it has pictures on it  

Wandering Hate

Feral Duck

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:15 pm
I've got a picture on my seasons disk.... A girl in a pink jacket about to throw a snowball.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:55 am
AnnoyingEvil1
I've got a picture on my seasons disk.... A girl in a pink jacket about to throw a snowball.

She's the one thats on the front of the box aswell?
gonk I'm sulking now... cool

Greenzally

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:07 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Hm, Well, I havn't been able to get seasons yet, but my disks sort of sound like yours.

And quite personaly, I'd like a "rainbow sims" to come out. with a rainbow box and disk, and in it you could like, have lesbian couples and gay marrages...i know you can have it in the regular sims already, but woudln't it be cool to expand on that, and have a rainbow disk? sounds pretty good to me...lolz.

I don't see how they could possibly expand on that...

Plus, it would never happen because Maxis makes Sims games to make money... and there's a very large group of people who would not buy the game because they just aren't cool with gays. [Like, most of the US. Gay marriage is only legal in Massachusetts right now]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:01 pm
Greenzally
Menaceman

You mean... your disks don't look like mine? gonk

No fair! Your CDs look cool! Over here in the UK we just get boring block colour CDs. There have NEVER been pictures on our discs. Apparently it's only possible to buy DVD versions of PC games over here now anyway.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kiss of Color

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:06 pm
Anacia
yeah, mine too... neutral  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff