Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Kaiba Seto Guild Roleplaying Lounge
A Roll of the Dice - A YGO/Higurashi Cross-RP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many attempts does it take to get a happy ending for our heroes?
  Who knows?
View Results

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:14 am
Yeah, I've probably lost my mind, but I figured I'd give this a try.

I'd like to start a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Yu-Gi-Oh RP and we can do it one of two ways - one can be mixing characters from both series or we can just use the YGO cast and put them in the situation the residents of Hinamizawa faced in Higurashi.

Is anyone interested? If so, I'll use this first post to list cast, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:34 pm
HOMY--

Hope this turns out well~ I love Higurashi! heart

Faberge

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:11 pm
[T w i r l]
HOMY--

You interested in joining? And what do you think - should I just use the Higurashi concept or should I actually have the YGO cast go to Hinamizawa and meet up with K1 and the gang? Of course it couldn't be the summer of '83 anymore, but we could make it present day.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:18 pm
I'll totally join! heart But I haven't seen Higurashi.... sweatdrop WIKIPEDIA TIME! blaugh Got any videos on YouTube for convenience's sake?  

Gilderoy P Lockhart

Faberge

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:35 pm
tasogarenootome
[T w i r l]
HOMY--

You interested in joining? And what do you think - should I just use the Higurashi concept or should I actually have the YGO cast go to Hinamizawa and meet up with K1 and the gang? Of course it couldn't be the summer of '83 anymore, but we could make it present day.

As much as I love YGO and Higurashi, I wouldn't be any good. For one, I'm lagging on the final question arc and have refused to advance until I can tell the difference between Shion and Mion. @_@

I think you should use the Higurashi concept. I can see it now...

-daydreams of a bloody Kaiba with a baseball bat, maybe Bakura with a meat cleaver...-

-faint.- I heart a psychotic bloodthirsty Kaiba. It's my favorite side of him~

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:39 pm
LOL are you watching the anime Twirl, or playing the games? Good luck with telling the difference between the twins, especially when you see the first answer arc (Meakashi-hen), but if you can always check AnimeSuki.com's forums - they have a whole section for Higurashi that includes game info left out of the anime! So if you change your mind, feel free to join!

ZB I PMed you with some resources! Animesuki is a very good resource, but filled with spoilers. Mwahaha, this is gonna be fun, especially with Oyashiro-mode Kaiba! (scary eyes and all)

What I'm thinking is to stick the YGO cast in present-day Hinamizawa, under the assumption that June 1983 reached a peaceful conclusion. Finally. If people want, I may insert some of the original Higurashi cast as adults to aid Yugi and company as they are set on their own tumultuous adventure...  

tasogarenootome

Faberge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm
D:!!! TAS-CHAN! I FINALLY FINISHED WATCHING HIGURASHI!

I'm now in Kai.

-is pleased with self.-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:06 am
[T w i r l]
D:!!! TAS-CHAN! I FINALLY FINISHED WATCHING HIGURASHI!

I'm now in Kai.

-is pleased with self.-

*showers you with pocky* I love Kai so far. I think DEEN's done an awesome job catching what's important from the games. The theme song rocks my socks!

XD, to stave off my lust for YGO crossovers, I'm working on a Higurashi crossfic. BWAhA!  

tasogarenootome

Faberge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:30 pm
D:!!!!!

THEY TOOK KAI OFF!

-bitter tears.-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm
One of the stations is still carrying it, but they air it like on Monday or something like that.

Still looking for RPers if y'all know of anyone. Would love to say L5 (Psychotic) Rena vs. L5 Yugi. LOL  

tasogarenootome

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:22 pm
Hmm... I'd join but I'd probably never update. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am
The Enchanted Butterfly

I adore your signature! Omochikaeri!

Sorry for not checking in here for awhile! I'm still up for this RP, but it seems like the whole RP forum here has been quiet lately. If folks are still interested though, lemme know.  

tasogarenootome

Faberge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 pm
tasogarenootome
The Enchanted Butterfly

Sorry for not checking in here for awhile! I'm still up for this RP, but it seems like the whole RP forum here has been quiet lately. If folks are still interested though, lemme know.

Talk about a late reply... I finished Kai~ Heard rumors of a third season, but haven't confirmed them yet. What about you, Tas?

And, whoa, I am so still interested. I've got to get out of this funk. D:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:30 pm
[T w i r l]
tasogarenootome
The Enchanted Butterfly

Talk about a late reply... I finished Kai~ Heard rumors of a third season, but haven't confirmed them yet. What about you, Tas?

And, whoa, I am so still interested. I've got to get out of this funk. D:

Same here - I'm just in a general Gaia funk. I like the idea of Gaia, but am disenchanted with the site itself, but I wanna start getting involved again.

I'm more excited about the live action coming out - it looks pretty good!
The third season's supposed to be an OVA but I just hope it doesn't end up being a "let's milk this franchise until there's nothing left to milk" thing.

Maybe if we get the RP started, others will join. Who would you like to play?  

tasogarenootome

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm
I'd rather mix the concept of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with the Yu-Gi-Oh characters, because that way, I get to be Sonozaki Shion or Sonozaki Mion. I'm better at Shion though considering I'm so naturally sadistic. Even if it doesn't work out on here, I still like the idea and anyone who wouldn't mind a 1-on-1 RP of this concept should PM me should it fail.

The Official Kaiba Seto Guild Roleplaying Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games