Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
First AMV introduced to the guild by Ackosi

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ackosi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:43 pm
My first Kingdom Hearts AMV, which introduced the Gorillaz Feel Good Inc. Watch here on youtube.
Click meh to watch!
Enjoy  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:18 pm
YAAY!

Welcome new person!

^.^

*hasn't watched the video yet* But I shall watch it soon! *nodnod*

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 am
I watched it!

But I honestly didn't really understand it. I didn't catch how the footage and the song were supposed to go together.

But editing-wise it was so bad. The beginning could be better by changing the scenes on the beats ((there's that one beat that's a little louder than the rest)) -- sometimes it looked like you tried to but it really needed to hit everytime.

It's best to stay away from the subtitled footage (2:54) even if the subtitles are in Japanese. The videos always looks a lot cleaner ((for lack of a better word)) without them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:32 pm
Well, Kingdom Hearts is a game, an rpg one, so there really isn't much I can do with it unless it has fighting xp . But other than that, it's hard to stay away from subtitled cutscenes, I would rather them to be clean, but it's all they had. Music and footage would go a lot better if people could understand the game without playing it stressed so that was a drawback from the very beginning when I started to make it. But, I'm a beginner, and this is my very first AMV. So I'll get better over time... hopefully... domokun  

Ackosi

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 pm
There are some good game footage rippers out there. It will extract the video files from the discs without subs and without play through. Sometimes (and i think KH is this way) you can buy DVDs of just the cut scenes. Thats the absolute best! I have one for Warcraft 3 I got with the game, even after the fact Babages had it for $10 by itself. Look hard on amazon or even ebay and one should be available. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:00 pm
Ackosi
Well, Kingdom Hearts is a game, an rpg one, so there really isn't much I can do with it unless it has fighting xp . But other than that, it's hard to stay away from subtitled cutscenes, I would rather them to be clean, but it's all they had. Music and footage would go a lot better if people could understand the game without playing it stressed so that was a drawback from the very beginning when I started to make it. But, I'm a beginner, and this is my very first AMV. So I'll get better over time... hopefully... domokun

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come off as I was saying it was a bad video. I know you got to work with what you got.

It wasn't horrible, I just thought that it needed bit more work. Generally I use the show/footage to tell a story so that those who haven't seen the show could understand a bit about what was going on.

But I think that you can make a lot of good videos in you. *nodnod* Be sure to enter some in the contest!

I look forward to seeing more vids of yours!

BTW: I agree with Pilk there are some good sites where you can find raw footage.

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

FallenMarvel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:11 pm
oh, man. i haven't been here in ages. glad to meet the new person. i saw the video. well............. don't really understand it too much though. not much editing done either.  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games