Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
Tobi = Conspiracy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobi = Obito?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  Who are they?
View Results

Historical

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 am
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
You all got owned by Kishimoto-sama.
Obito isn't Tobi he is Uchiha Madara.
*Lol*
All crackpot theories have now been eradicated.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:18 pm
Historical
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
*Lol*

User Image

he never actually said he was Madara, simply had his power, so was probably saying he was a direct decendant of Madara's bloodline.

And I do believe you were owned when Pein was the Akatsuki leader.  

liz_bliz_inc

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:40 pm
String_Theory
Historical
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
*Lol*

User Image

he never actually said he was Madara, simply had his power, so was probably saying he was a direct decendant of Madara's bloodline.

That can be argued, since there are translations that say both, as I said in the other thread. So to be sure, it would probaly be best to wait a couple chapters to hear Tobi talk.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:06 pm
String_Theory
Historical
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
*Lol*

User Image

He's talking about himself in the 3rd person. At least that's what most translators say.

Pekora

otaku1412

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:53 pm
Well, according to wikipedia, Tobi = Madara.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:10 pm
otaku1412

Wiki is not always right, and is rarely right in the matters of very recently released manga, as it is all posted by rabid fans and is subject very much to their opinions.

It's not like something else on wiki, like say, something to do with history, where they have sited sources and articles to pull from.  

liz_bliz_inc

imsohappy1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
String_Theory
Historical
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
*Lol*

User Image

He's talking about himself in the 3rd person. At least that's what most translators say.

Yup, there was a large discussion over at narutoFan about this and all the translators say that Tobi was referring to himself as madara. The translation that was confusing everyone was very ambiguous. But even that translator admitted to tobi being madara. There was on key word in the original Japaneses that confirmed it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:04 pm
I think it is possibly that Tobi/Madara and Obito are one in the same. Do we really know ANYTHING about Madara Uchiha? Nope. . .only that the Kyuubi mentioned him and said his chakra was at the time more evil then his own. As for the thing with Itachi killing off Tobi if he knew he was an Uchiha. . .well. . .he didn't kill Sasuke. . .so maybe he just thought Tobi wasn't worth his time. It's possible they're the same. . .maybe he's part puppet or something. . .he has bolts on his arms and such. . .so he's probably bolted and such together. . .perhaps he's part android/robot or something. . .has fake limbs. . .who knows? Uchiha's are good at genjutsu. . .he could have partially faked his own death. . .they never recovered Obito's body. . .so who knows?  

AoiMizuTenshi

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
String_Theory
Historical
User Image

Yeah, that's right.
*Lol*

User Image

Those translators 'translated' it to what they wanted it to sound like. Every other translator out there had it as Tobi was talking about how he had madara's power....not that he was Madara himself. Get over it, you lost!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:12 pm
otaku1412

The information on wikipedia is fan created  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

imsohappy1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:18 am
Nephite Warrior
otaku1412

Tell, what on Wiki have seen that is wrong(about naruto) its been pretty reliable.

The translators are translating what it says. The translation thats confusing everyone is very ambiguous. But the meaning of it is still the same. There is a certain word in that line that comes before a name that always means that the person is talking about themselves. That is they key point that everyone uses to defend that tobi was referring to himself as madara.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:20 am
Frostman
Nephite Warrior
otaku1412

Tell, what on Wiki have seen that is wrong(about naruto) its been pretty reliable.

The translators are translating what it says. The translation thats confusing everyone is very ambiguous. But the meaning of it is still the same. There is a certain word in that line that comes before a name that always means that the person is talking about themselves. That is they key point that everyone uses to defend that tobi was referring to himself as madara.

Ok, i'll go on Wiki and make it say that Tobi is Yondaime and then you can read it and believe it...
i think we're best off waiting it out  

Orion Daermon

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 pm
Frostman
Nephite Warrior
otaku1412

That still doesn't change the fact that wiki is nothing but fans who are full of s**t  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:03 pm
I think it kinda makes sense that Akatsuki would employ Madara (or his power) since they would need some way of dealing with the nine-tails.

As for the what Samurai Senel, it makes a lot of sense... except the mask line. I think the color is a bit of a stretch... and since when has the swirl been the symbol of the Sharingan? The Uchiha sign has always been the fan and the Swirl was the symbol of Konoha (which is why all the Jounin wear it). I'm not going to say that Tobi is from Konoha, but you could infer that.

As for the child-like, I'm a bit skeptical of that when we last see Tobi.

My theory: they brought back Madara's soul and put in Tobi. If he was that powerful from the beginning, (to the extent that he would address his leader by name) then I doubt he would have been taking any crap from Deidara and calling him Sempai. As for the sharingan... well its possible that they needed a n Uchiha to be able to stick the soul in the proper vessel, but whether they dug him up or just cut out his eye... I can't be sure.  

Totle

Gallant Reveler

Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games