Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
SEXY SOCKS..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever knit socks??
  Yes lots and lots of socks
  Yes but only one so far
  NO WAY! too hard
  Not yet but I have been thinking about it
  I dont knit......
View Results

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:11 am
I've made one and a half pair of the international sock of doom pattern. It was a great pattern to start with since the rib of doom gives a nice texture = not boring.

I prefer to use 5 dpns. If you're afraid of dropping the needles you should buy a set of wooden ones since they're less slippery but if you're a tight knitter like me metal needles will be easier.

It might be easier to start with a thicker yarn. Not super bulky, but not impossibly thin. You might not fit the socks in your ordinary shoes but thick socks can be really nice in the winter if you live somewhere cold. Here in Sweden knitting socks or "raggsockor" almost always mean thicker socks you'd use with a pair of ordinary socks. They fill out a pair of sturdy winter boots nicely...

I'm going to start knitting socks soon again. I'm ready to try a thinner yarn and a more complicated pattern now I think mrgreen And after that I need to start the two pairs of huuuuge socks my fiance and his dad wants.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:29 pm
soooo i couldnt stand waiting for finals to be over........i bought a pair of dp needels and i am gauging lol.....i will let everyone knoe how they turn out and if i run into any problems 3nodding  

Kumiko21

Kumiko21

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 pm
Well, I finished my first sock!!! And as soon as I find my camera.....I will take a picture of it and post it for everyone to see ^_^ In the mean time I will work on my second sock.....hope y'all are doing well and thank you for the input  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:45 am
Woo, congrats on your first socks! I've just barely learned to use the Magic Loop method and though the twisting cable cord kind of gets in the way at times, I do like knitting two sides rather than 3 or 4 sides with DPNs.

I just don't get the astounded looks that I tend to get when I use the DPNs.  

Hotaru Tobutakai

Kumiko21

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:48 pm
Good luck!!! I hope that your socks look great. I used 4 dpns and did pretty well with it. But use what suits you best  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:13 pm
As a non-knitter, I must say, dpns scare me. xd  

Silver Mist

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out