Rules Of This SubForum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razzleberry pie
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:10 am
Ok people I know alot of people like to role play. Me included but I am here to lay down the law.

--> pg 13 level please
--> No flaming the way someone likes to roleplay
-->Follow Gaia Tos

If you just follow these simple rules I will keep your thread open but otherwise It will be deleted!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:39 pm
I used to roleplay on supercheats.com when I was on the forums there a lot. I thought about roleplaying on Gaia but here the roleplays are different. Their kinda... pointless. They don't have any story, no plot... thier just some random topic. It's no fun anymore. So i'll make a topic like the ones I used to make on supercheats. They were better. It's more of a story and it doesn't require so much thinking or work. I just need a topic, so please reply with topics and i'll work from there.  

Engel der Musik
Crew

Aros24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:30 pm
u might also want to explain what roleplaying is, some people might not know  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:03 pm
To all of those who don't know what roleplaying is:

Basiclly it's a story that you create online. You make up a character and tell your side of the story based on what other people say. Note: The roleplay may go offtopic but it's okay as long as you keep it interesting. (I'm basing this information off of the supercheats.com forums I used to roleplay in)

After you list all your traits of your character(Ex. Name, Age, and any other personal traits you want your character to have), it's time to roleplay. A topic will be made, suggesting a setting or plot to roleplay off of. Such as the setting of a videogame or from a book. Or it could be one you made up. Try to make your roleplays interesting. Random topics that you find all over the Gaia Chatterbox forum lack interest and substance, and are also very dull. So if you decide to make a topic, make something worth continuing.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you!

Engel der Musik
Crew

KuroiBaraKoutashi
Crew

Distinct Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:50 pm
i like role playing. the role playing guild i am currently in is [[~The Forgotten Raven~]]  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 am
May I contribute? Some education on what literate roleplaying should look like! I would explain how not to god-mod but I can't access the roleplay with that example. Oh and it's not really the length of the post that makes the difference so much as how you type.

Literate (okay I cheated and quoted one of my roleplays for this):

Narcissa opened the door next to Draco's room. "This is where you'll be sleeping. I laid out your dinner clothes for you." She levitated Mina's trunk into the room and left her to get settled in before dinner. Mina stared at the room. Pink...

The entire room was various shades of pink. The bed spread, bed covers, pillow cases, floor, walls, the chest of drawers and the vanity table. All pink. Mina felt rather ill just looking at it. The only thing not pink was the ceiling. She unpacked the things she wouldn't need at Hogwarts and proceeded down the staircase to the dining room. She was wearing what had been left out for her. A puffy cream coloured dress that tied up at the back with a bow.

"Doesn't she look lovely?" said Narcissa. Mina felt her face burning red.

"Very nice, dear." Replied Lucius without much thought.

"What do you think, Draco, isn't she pretty?"

"If you say so, mother..."

Non-literate (this is an example I did of a pet hate of mine):

*looks around* i camp here tohgt *sets up tnt*
i hear something i'll go look and see if something
is there!
*is atacked*
AARHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!![[SUPER POWER NAME OF SOME SORT]]
*beats 50 ninjas with one blast*
i'll rest
*sleeps*

EDIT: I'm just pointing out what literate roleplaying looks like because I personally expect literacy in my roleplays.  

Enkzilla

#2- You will never, Nick Getz

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff