Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Missing Hair?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:37 am
You know this hair that came with seasons:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, is the version WITHOUT the earmuffs that came with the basegame still in the game? I just noticed today that the original doesn't show up in the catalogue anymore when I'm choosing hair. BUT sims that had the hairstyle before I installed Seasons still have the old hair.

Has it gone missing in anyone elses game? I did a reinstall of Seasons and left my downloads out but the hair was still missing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:13 am
Are you sure you looked EVERYWHERE?
if yes, i gotta check out this ninja  

Your Dads Car

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 am
I found what the problem was. The original only exists in game on Beau Broke or if you have the bodyshop starter.package in your downloads folder. I removed the starter package after it screwed up the order of stuff in the Pets bodyshop so that's why the hair went missing; I unknowingly removed it.
This makes me ask another question now then: If the original hair isn't always available in game for children, why did EA use that hair style to add earmuffs to? If you use it, it looks like they get a hair cut whenever they go out in outerwear.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:36 pm
I figured out a long time ago that if you have a hairstyle that is only for toddlers (for an example, the bear hat), when the Sim reaches childhood, the hair turns into the "Beau Broke" hair. This is basically the same as the hair with the strands at the end but is an 'unfinished' version. I think Maxis thought it would look good so they just used its original mesh for the earmuffs.  

CornflakesInc

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff