Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
how many times has this happened to you Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:52 am
I don't get people asking me to make them stuff in public.
Every now and then I will get commissions from people in my church, because I knit during service and people like what I make.
To date, I've made probably $150 off of commissions.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:14 pm
I've gotten several demands for stuff, but all from very good friends. My deal with them is- you pay for all supplies and deal with the fact it may be months. Unless its corset or bodice making. Then they pay me $50 to $100 also because of the b***h that is custome pattern fitting. Something about doing historical costuming gets alot of "can you..?"s. I explain the amount of time, work and money that goes into the s**t and they go away. xd

I constantly am told I should sell my jewlrey I make, but I'm to lazy to bother finding a way to sell it. xd

I just tend to annoy people when I can tell them I made my dress, my purse, and yes, I really did make all my jewlrey, too. Now go away.  

Silver Mist

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:05 pm
My friend and I both knit. She always takes my knitting and then everyone goes up to her, "Oh, you can knit? That is so cool!"

No one appreciates me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:02 am
kochi~mochi
Dances with Squirrels
When I knit on my college campus, people usually don't ask me to knit for them, but I did have one girl come up to me and say something along the lines of:

"You know, you shouldn't do that in public. You're reinforcing feminine stereotypes and making it easier for men to dominate us."

Now, I'm a feminist, but I just stared at her and sidled away as slowly as I could. If you move slowly, crazy people can't see you. 3nodding

My response the one time i got that was to say "Easier? If anything, its harder for them do dominate us when we have pointy sticks."

Don't Needle Me rofl  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas