Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Final Fantasy/KH AMV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashkance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:15 am

I made this AMV the other day and would like some feedback on it...

KH/FF - Stand

Comments and ratings would be welcomed
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:33 pm
Timing is your biggest problem here. This video would be hundreds of times better if you would change the scenes on the beats and have the fades also appear on the beats. 1:22-1:27 if you would time these fades to the music they would seem more cohesive.

Also, work on your lip-syncing. The parts where you had Yuna singing the lyrics just need a bit of tweeking so they mesh well together.

BEWARE of: Reused scenes ((oo:26 = 1:27)). Subtitles, ((these drive me bonkers, generally when watching an AMV and a subtitle pops up I turn it off)) they are horribley distracting. They draw away the viewers' attention from the video.

Work on those things and you'll be in business!
:3

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Ashkance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:27 pm
Desdemona Legardored
Timing is your biggest problem here. This video would be hundreds of times better if you would change the scenes on the beats and have the fades also appear on the beats. 1:22-1:27 if you would time these fades to the music they would seem more cohesive.

Also, work on your lip-syncing. The parts where you had Yuna singing the lyrics just need a bit of tweeking so they mesh well together.

BEWARE of: Reused scenes ((oo:26 = 1:27)). Subtitles, ((these drive me bonkers, generally when watching an AMV and a subtitle pops up I turn it off)) they are horribley distracting. They draw away the viewers' attention from the video.

Thank you for your comments on it. I had no idea there were so many faults, but I guess I can see them now... the only thing I have is that when using iMovie, it's a bit hard to get the transition exact because you have to type the time in manually neutral So I admit to having difficultly with this...

Also, anything before 0:32 is just an intro I've recently started using b/c I found my videos up in places where other people could comment them and the user that had posted them was taking credit for me instead of giving it to me. But I don't know if you can really count the scenes used there as "reused scenes" since they're not really part of the video? confused

And the cutscenes... I didn't rip the scenes manually so I only had to work with what I had. I agree with you, though: they are distracting and I wish they weren't there...

But thank you for taking the time to view it and critique it.
smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm
Sparrow-Shun
Desdemona Legardored

Thank you for your comments on it. I had no idea there were so many faults, but I guess I can see them now... the only thing I have is that when using iMovie, it's a bit hard to get the transition exact because you have to type the time in manually neutral So I admit to having difficultly with this...

Also, anything before 0:32 is just an intro I've recently started using b/c I found my videos up in places where other people could comment them and the user that had posted them was taking credit for me instead of giving it to me. But I don't know if you can really count the scenes used there as "reused scenes" since they're not really part of the video? confused

And the cutscenes... I didn't rip the scenes manually so I only had to work with what I had. I agree with you, though: they are distracting and I wish they weren't there...

But thank you for taking the time to view it and critique it.
smile

Ah, okay. I was thinking that the beginning might have been an intro but I wasn't totally sure sweatdrop So, no, then they are not reused scenes there. ^^ My bad. ;-;

I've never edited with iMovie but I've heard that it's rather difficult to use.

There weren't that many faults. Just a few little things to work on. ^^ I think that you can do awesome and I look forward to seeing more of your stuffs!

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Dianoskue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:27 am
I like it, and am going to comment now.....could you comment mine...any of mine i do have an FFX2 one..youtube.com/tat89815  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:12 am
Great Vid....i actually commented on one of your others though...it was Kairi's Diary one.. sweatdrop  

Dianoskue

Pheonix Starlight
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:11 pm
not bad.

Some of the lip-syncing was off and subtitles are a turn off, but other than that I think I got what you were trying to say in the video.  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games