Reply Newcomers
Things I wish to do.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eilifr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:01 pm
A short while ago I went to a Market Day at Birka, and thouroughley enjoyed it, Kormak of the Teeth lent me some of his Viking garb, and I fit right in with the exception of my glasses. Before the heavy-list fighting I aided him in arming himself, and afterwards assisted in tending to his wounds. I really do wish to become more involved in the SCA, and once I get a job I shall. I am curiouse though as to Personas, and how one decides what culture they wish to be of. I favor many, which is my problem, and I also wish to become involved in archery. At the moment I am living in Vermont and am unemployed as I am in High-School. Soon however after I have graduated I will be moveing to P.A. or perhaps near the border between P.A. and Ohio, at which time I will be able to actually do things! I also wish to know if anyone on here has a craft they practice, such as makeing bows and arrows, or even leather working.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:08 am
picking your persona might just be picking the easiest garb to make for a start.  

Zanzibar409

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 pm
You really don't have to pick a persona right away... I mean, I've been in the SCA for almost 6 years now, and all I've got is a name and country. No century, no story. I'm definately not alone in this, either.

Take some time... find some garb that you gravitate towards, look at names you like... if they correlate, great! You can determine a country of origin and time period from that!

Or you could go the other way around and read a lot of history books, and see what culture fits you best, and find out what those people wore and what kind of names they had.

Till then... relax, get some simple garb, soak it all in.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 am
LittleGreenGirl
You really don't have to pick a persona right away... I mean, I've been in the SCA for almost 6 years now, and all I've got is a name and country. No century, no story. I'm definately not alone in this, either.

Take some time... find some garb that you gravitate towards, look at names you like... if they correlate, great! You can determine a country of origin and time period from that!

Or you could go the other way around and read a lot of history books, and see what culture fits you best, and find out what those people wore and what kind of names they had.

Till then... relax, get some simple garb, soak it all in.

That sounds like a plan to me. I have garb given to me by one who grew out of it. My first event (and only) everyone called me by her name. So I don't even have my own name. lol. It looks like loads of fun but the day trip fees kill my budget. Such is life.  

DarlingDona

Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff