Reply 64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required
Ulti-Deck

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoozlTwain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:11 pm
I've been thinking of a deck of mass destruction for a long time now and I finally figured what it should be. Nonmana-Parts of the deck:
White: 20% sorcery/instant healing cards.
Black: 20% sorcery/instant destroying cards.
Blue: 20% Reverse sorcery/instant cards
Green: 20% Powerful monsters.
Red: 20% Cheap, crappy monsters.
Mana Parts of the deck:
White: 15%
Black: 20%
Blue: 20%
Green: 15%
Red: 30%
What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:33 pm
Personally, I think green should be a dominant color - it's got mana production and land search enough for all the other colors. Dual lands are a good idea...
Don't forget - Artifacts are cards, too.

Dragon Boots

Nepenthos

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:23 am
It sounds like you have no idea what you're trying to make.

What ARE you trying to make?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 pm
Basing a deck on mostly green sounds good in theory. But in reality it really doesn't work to your advantage. Oddly enough I found spells that tap one of your creatures in exchange for mana to work the best in the long run. Artifacts that allowed you to produce different types of mana work good as well if used in moderation. You shouldn't go very far past ten percent of your deck in mana producing cards as a rule of thumb not counting the artifacts. Cards that allow you to draw other cards will help out greatly in a multi color deck. Just make sure your main base is Blue not green.

Another way you can go about this is black as your main base. Sacrificing creatures to gain mana to gain an edge. You can use artifacts to transmute the black mana into other types for use. I often find myself taking my deck apart and putting it back together sometimes completely untouched. I don't always use the knowledge I have and often like to play a more balanced deck than effective one. I played all of the colors and choose them in this order. White/Blue/Black/Red/Green anyway that is all just from my experience.  

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100

The Original Jazzman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm
A deck is only as powerful as it's builder. A creature is strong if you think that it is strong. However if you are looking for god mana production, put joiner adept in your deck and watch the mana flow  
64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games