Reply SCA Guild
Tabard Pattern Request

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Czarevich

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:10 am
Sorry if there is already a thread for this, but this is rather important.

Would any of you Lords or Ladies here happen to have a pattern for the kind of tabard shown below?

User Image User Image

I would be much obliged to the one who can find a pattern for one. I've looked, but I've found nothing. neutral

Շնորհակալութիւն,
Aram Terjanian
(m.k.a. Jonathan)

EDIT: Also, what is the best material to make a tabard out of?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:12 pm
most tabards are just rectangles with a hole for the head...
that one you would just have to cut the ends like that rather then just have it blocked off.

I dont think I knew there were actual patterns for tabards...  

Artimus_Twitch

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:48 pm
Artimus_Twitch
most tabards are just rectangles with a hole for the head...
that one you would just have to cut the ends like that rather then just have it blocked off.

I dont think I knew there were actual patterns for tabards...

Yeah, most ones I've seen. My friend's is exactly that! rofl He keeps complaining he needs garb, and when i point out that he has some already he simply says 'that's not garb! It's a rectangle with a whole in it!' And then I point out that Tunics are exactly much of an improvement - and he just 'hmph's rofl heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:29 pm
If it's attached at the sides, it's called a surcoat, I think. if I were you, I'd get some butcher paper or something of the sort and make my own patterns... Use a rectangle with a hole (TABARDLOL) as your base, and make the shape how you want.

But either way, the material needs to be fairly durable, since it's gonna be on the outside of armor. 3nodding
For the tabards I've been commissioned to make, I bought 60" China twill, but that's because it was of the proper durability, color, and it was on sale. biggrin

Linens are nice for them, but way too damn expensive.

Basically, it needs to feel like it can take a beating, and it's also nice for it to be washing machine friendly.
heart  

Regular Polyhedra

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces