Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Gift suggestion!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:06 pm
Okay, here's the deal: A friend of mine is graduating and he's having his party on the 19th...my time to craft has been lessened by the fact that I'm going to be starting work soon...i'm also still learning how to knit certain things...(i'd love to make a sweater or something a little trickier than a scarf...someday)

thing is, I only have straight needles and one pair of circulars...so anything that calls for dpns is going to have to be modified so i can make it on my straights...

I'd like a few suggestions for something I can make for him in 13 days or less...

Things I've considered:

*A rug (i could use my home-made french knitter to make it!)
*A sweater
*handwarmers (I'm working on a pair for myself actually...)
*a laundry bag (Maybe labeled with his name?)
*a bookbag
*A hat

any suggestions would be appreciated, and patterns would be loved muchly!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:38 pm
I'm personally a big fan of hats. They're super quick and very useful.

Here's all the free hat patterns online

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/hats.php  

Catcheen
Crew

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:26 pm
I like the idea of a hat, esspecially if he wears hats. They tend to knit up pretty fast, and are fairly simple.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:13 pm
i've got my idea down...he wears hats in the winter, and I decided to make him a hat/earmuff combo type dealy(my brain isn't functioning right...X_X ) out of my bulky yarn...i'm completely free-balling the pattern, but when I get it done, i'll post it here...can't guarantee pictures though...

here's to hoping that he likes it, and that I don't die of insanity trying to make this!  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:27 pm
I would go with a bag! 3nodding
myself I love side bags! and its really easy to make one with straights. 3nodding
all you have to do is make a rectangle, and then make a strap, and then sow the strap into the rectangle so that the sides of the bag are made out of the strap.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:53 pm
From a practical point of view anything to help him is great. I think a laundry bag is very very good. The embroided name is a nice personal touch which makes it unique.  

CassieConnors11

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 am
As long as he'll wear it, a hat is a good idea. It shouldn't take too long to make and it will keep his ears warm in the cold. It's hand-crafted and shows you care about what happens to him. whee  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games