Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
"Terminate the program"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:19 pm
Basic story here:
Girl is pregnate...she's just going to have her baby, the little screan says "there's a new baby on the way." she goes into labor, and zap? A little window comes up saying that the process has failed, and it's giong to terminate imediatly. I "x" out of it, and the sims two shuts down. I reload it, and redo the whole proces, and the stupid window keeps comming up. It's happened so many times that I know for a fact that she gives birth to the baby at 10:06 in the game, and it wont let her give birth to the baby!

I don't understand what's wrong with it. and it's just tHIS family that's having the troubles. it's a small family, of only a girl, boy and well, and expecting baby...so why the devil is it not continuing? It's my favorite family, and I'd love to know how to fix it.

Please help.
-has this ever happened to you?
-how dO I fix this, WITHOUT re-installing the game..?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:10 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Basic story here:
Girl is pregnate...she's just going to have her baby, the little screan says "there's a new baby on the way." she goes into labor, and zap? A little window comes up saying that the process has failed, and it's giong to terminate imediatly. I "x" out of it, and the sims two shuts down. I reload it, and redo the whole proces, and the stupid window keeps comming up. It's happened so many times that I know for a fact that she gives birth to the baby at 10:06 in the game, and it wont let her give birth to the baby!

I don't understand what's wrong with it. and it's just tHIS family that's having the troubles. it's a small family, of only a girl, boy and well, and expecting baby...so why the devil is it not continuing? It's my favorite family, and I'd love to know how to fix it.

Please help.

There's obviously a problem with the baby's file. The best way to fix it, as far as I know, is to go and download the insiminator and terminate her pregnancy. (Then, if you like, just get her pregnant again and speed up her pregnancy so that she has a baby at about the same time anyway.)  

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:42 pm
"Terminating the program" basically means it crashed.

Yeah, something's wrong with the baby. The only time that happened to me was when I used a skintone that wasn't available to babies.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:56 pm
Super Goo
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Basic story here:

Please help.

There's obviously a problem with the baby's file. The best way to fix it, as far as I know, is to go and download the insiminator and terminate her pregnancy. (Then, if you like, just get her pregnant again and speed up her pregnancy so that she has a baby at about the same time anyway.)

And how exactly do I do that?  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:30 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Super Goo
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Basic story here:

Please help.

Go here and download the insimenator and stick the hack in your downloads folder. Load the game and the house with the problem, find the insimenator in buy mode (I forget which section it's in.), and use the 'reproductive adjustor' to fix the problem. It should be pretty self explanatory from there on.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:57 pm
Super Goo
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Super Goo
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Basic story here:

Please help.

Go here and download the insimenator and stick the hack in your downloads folder. Load the game and the house with the problem, find the insimenator in buy mode (I forget which section it's in.), and use the 'reproductive adjustor' to fix the problem. It should be pretty self explanatory from there on.

thank you!  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:20 pm
No problem! Did it work for you? smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:56 am
Super Goo
No problem! Did it work for you? smile

Lol actually, i can't figure how to get the bloody thing working. I downloaded it, but there was never a window or whatever that popped up taht says it has been deleated. It only took like five seconds. I mean, it's in my files and all, but it's not in the game....  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:17 pm
Did you unpack the file into your downloads folder correctly?  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games