Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
Has anyone else in this world read the Farsala Trilogy?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

craZperson

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:33 pm
I LOOOOVE those books!! I've only read the first and second so far (Like the only series that I have actually read the FIRST one first, LoL!!), but I'm loving it!! If you've read them, who's your favorite charecter? My fave charecter is Kavvi, partly because I love his name!!! heart xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:11 pm
What are the books about?? I am looking for new books to read so I would like to expand. If you know any other books could you tell me. I like fantasy books (Mainly ones with dragons and wizards) and I also like vampire books too. I don't like really detailed romatic books or really cheesy soap opoera type books either.  

shadow_rose18

.Letiera.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:56 pm
The Farsala Trilogy, by Hilari Bell, is about, well, rebellion, pretty much.

It centers around three characters: Kavi, Soraya, and Jiaan. The first book centers around Farsala's defeat at the hands of the Hrum and how the Deghans, the ruling class of Farsala, were all but wiped out. The second and third books center more on the seige of Mazad, the last 'free' city in Farsala.

Essentially, the Hrum have a law where if they fail to capture all of a country's strongholds within a year, then they will pull out and never invade that country again. So, basically, the Farsala Trilogy is about how the remaining rebels hold against the Hrum at the city of Mazad.

Regarding the characters: Kavi is a peasant peddler, Soraya is the daughter of the commander of Farsala's military, and Jiaan is her halfbrother through a peasant woman, so he is technically an illegitimate child.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:44 pm
Mmm. Persians. Tasty. Read all the books. Ending is fantastic. Favorite character is Soraya because she's fiesty.  

Teatottle

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff