Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Favorite Books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skye_7188

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:51 pm
Hi I'm working on my summer reading list and was wondering what is some of your favorite books. Any suggestions for my book list would be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:38 am
You might like the Mary Russel Mystery's by Laurie R. King. Other faves of mine are ALL of Tamora Pierce's books, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Erye, Crown Duel, and C.S. Lewis's books...

If any of these sound interesting to you and you want more information, let me know biggrin Hope you have fun reading this summer ^)__(^  

greeneyesandglasses

rawrjennamonster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:54 am
- Speak
- Eragon
- TTYL
...I'll post more when I think of them!

1/// 50 //07 4 6124///.///312 //4%1!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:11 pm
I personally recommend all Vonnegut, Rand, and Faulkner. Also, I recently read Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. He's a young author and it was his debut book. I mostly read modern literature, but I'm forced to be knowledgeable of all literature for my literary criticism team. 1984, Brave New World, Catch-22, Catcher in the Rye, A Clockwork Orange, The Stranger, etc. I read a lot, but it really depends on what genre you like. I'm very knowledgeable on authors and books, but if you'd let me know which type of book you like to read, I could be of better help.  

Super Perfundo

Rutoh-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:09 pm
Anything by Amelia Atwater Rhodes is pretty good. Tamora Pierce I will vouch for also. I like The Lost Years of Merlin series as well. Terry Pratchett is hilarious if you like peculiar humor. I would suggest The Wee Free Men first and then A Hat Full of Sky. If you like those read the last one from that mini series called Wintersmith and if you want something deeper of his read Going Postal or Truth. If you want any more advice I can find more books. This is just off of the top of my head.
Oh! Blue is for Nightmares, if you like mystery/action/schoolgirl/romance. And Twilight.
In case you didn't notice, I like vampire novels.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:00 pm
I think I, Robot by Isaac Asimov is pretty good, I'm almost done with it. It's Sci-Fi by the way.  

Raito-kun`

Shade Skypage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:15 pm
Sci-fi:
Any of Anne McCaffery's books
Cowl
Anything written by Matthew Stover
David Eddings' Dreamers series

Thriller:
Velocity
The Husband

Something that challenges the way you think:
The Four Agreements  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:25 pm
There was one book I liked much. I borrowed it from my love. It's called Beyond Singularity, and it's a collection of science fiction short stories. It truly challenges the way you think the future will be. 3nodding  

Patron with a Mission

Kelly1493

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:16 pm
I really enjoy "The Last Apprentice" by Joseph Delaney. I am now on book two and finish book two days.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:49 am
Howl's Moving Castle was very good. I'll recommend Twilight and New Moon.  

Anye5

Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff