Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
People these days scare me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iris of the Rain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:05 pm
Tell me about it. My number one pet peeve, though, is the proper use of "your" and "you're." It's not that hard people!! Just think if it's yours or you are. I have to say, I am very disappointed in American soceity.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:50 pm
"Society" is spelled, as all words that aren't weird, with i before e except after c.

And I agree. The worst in my mind is apostrophes. THEY ARE NOT USED TO PLURALIZE. PLEASE STOP MOLESTING THEM.  

Sanami2315

applecyder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:57 am
Molested apostrophes... I feel sorry for them now.

I find it amusing when I find typos in newspapers. This morning I saw 'the impress Eugenia.' stare

I'm usually the one correcting people with their grammar but no matter what I do whenever I talk to this certain person I always make spelling mistakes. It must be because he always manages to chat me up when I'm so sleepy I can't even read what time it is. xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:04 am
Harimad-Sol Lin
marlyse412
Not you guys, of course, but kids and everyone in general can't speak or spell.

How do you spell... (these are things my STUDENT TEACHER and classmates always spell wrong)

Definitely? D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Definitely is always a word I have problems with. Whenever I go to spell it, I always want to spell it definately. I have to pause and think about it and then I can write it the correct way.

Same here actually. I think it is one of the few words that I have a bit of trouble with. Spell checking my words helps make memorizing the spelling of words a bit easier for me. I always use spell check to catch typos, then I re-read what I wrote. I cannot always catch everything though.

And 'SilentBloodRain', I highly dislike that as well. I wish people were a bit more careful with that.

l3viathan

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm
Aw, poor apostrophes.

So I can't actually find the site, but there was one where there was a paragraph, and you had to guess what was wrong with it. One paragraph's words ALL violated the "I before E" rule.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:36 pm
Mission Statement: Save the apostrophes.  

Sanami2315

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:25 pm
Sanami2315
Mission Statement: Save the apostrophes.

Seriously. Someone should make a banner! I would, but A) I only have paint and B) I kind of suck at that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:38 pm
I agree though I do usually spell definitely wrong. I don't know why though. My younger sister has terrible grammar and speech which really bugs me.  

Acid_Dino

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces