Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
Has anyone read the Dragonlance series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

unaccounted for

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm
Sadly I have only read a single Dragonlance book but as far as books so I must say that THe Legend Of Huma is one of the best books it has been my privilige to both read and own.

Est Sularis Oth Mithas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:00 am
I've read most of the books by Weis and Hickman, but I think that my favorite was the Dragons of (insert season) series. But I have to say, Flint was my favorite, especially when it came to Tas. Those two were just so funny!  

Moritsubasa

Gunr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:47 pm
I have read all the Chronicles that have currently been released (damn WotC for not allowing Dragons of the Hourglass Mage), and they and the Legends trilogy are definitely the best books in the series. However, I think that there are other authors in the series that do a better job of bringing out stories related to certain groups. For example, Richard Knaack does a great job filling in some of the gaps in the history and role of the minotaurs in the world, as well as the past glory of the Solamnic Knighthood. By the same token, Doug Niles is a master when it comes to dwarves, and Paul Thompson and Tonya Cook have a knack for bringing the elven nations to life. You can really appreciate the whole saga better when you know more about its roots and civilizations.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:03 pm
I've read Amber and Ashes, I really enjoyed it.  

Avalonsody

Beloved Friend

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

M4ST3R-N00B

Sensational Noob

12,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am
ive read alot of them but i dont really know the names or authors
of the books i read sweatdrop
i started keeping track after i finished the ones i really liked  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:42 pm
Hickman & Weis are amongst my most favoritet authors! I love DragonLance, and have many of the novels/books. I bought the Chronicles, and have a book of DragonLance artwork. Those are my prized pieces! Including Soulforge!!  

EBMoonside

Apathetic Nonchalance

Omnipresent Glitch

8,475 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:21 am
I read just about every Dragonlance book, including the anthologies (some of which are my favorite) up until the War of Souls era. Ergh. I knew things were going downhill from the beginning of the Chaos War but...

(No offense to anyone who loves the Chaos War/War of Souls, of course.)

And my favorite character has traditionally been Caramon, just because I feel that he was much more likable than his more popular brother and probably a lot smarter than he usually seemed; my favorite arc was the Legends trilogy, because I appreciated the way they forced Caramon to evolve as a character and reach his potential.

(I didn't like Palin much, and I rather thought that his brothers should have survived instead of him. Sorry again to anyone who loves Palin.)

I mostly prefer the Weis/Hickman novels, but I also really love the Draconian Measures books with the Doom Brigade... to the point where my first Dragonlance character in a D&D game was a draconian. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am
I can't really decide who my favorite characters are... They are all so neat in their own ways.

If you like Weis and Hickman Dragonlance then you should try Well of Darkness. It is really good.  

greenphoenixrain

Invisible Explorer

10,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers