PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:48 pm
User Image

Guitar : Daisuke
Guitar : Masamitsu
Guitar : Kim
Drums : Sei-ichiro
Bass : Yuta
Vocal : Junpei

ACID was originally created by Hideki after Siam Shade disbanded. The name itself usually stands for something negative, but the band wants to turn this expression into something positive with the help of their music.

At the beginning, Hideki had a huge influence on ACID and they played a hard mix of new rock and emocore, and heavy emphasis was placed on his and Junpei's twin vocals. After he left the band, their songs became less focused on vocals and maybe turned a bit more pop-ish, but still keep their “heavy” sound due to having three guitarists.

BIOGRAPHY
Hideki, vocalist of the successful group Siam Shade, started – just like the other members - a solo career after the band's break-up on March 10th, 2002.

At the same time, auditions were held to form a new band around Hideki's vocals. ACID formed in August 2003, but the line-up was still incomplete. Especially since looking for a second vocalist seemed to take up a lot of time.

ACID’s live program was made up of both of Hideki’s solo albums at the beginning and, after one year of excessive touring through Japan, the group went into studio at the end of 2004 to record their “own” first album album. “ACID 1.5~Punk Drunker~” was released in March 2005.

With the end of Siam Shade, Hideki had finished a part of his life and didn’t want the people to always compare his new band with the old one when he was singing. That’s why he drew back to the position behind the keyboard at first and later on left ACID completely in June 2005 so that the band were able to go their own way. Furthermore, he says that this group is his pride and that he’d like to see them in Tokyo Dome one day.

ACID themselves are a mixed up bunch of people from all over Japan (with the exception of Kim, who is Korean) with different ages and different tastes in music and hobbies. More than three years of band history proves that this mix still seems to work well and hopefully the band will continue to be just as successful.

*SONGS*

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:38 am
i have herd a little bit of there music and, i didn't like it that much  

Gazette88
Crew

KoRoShItA

Unbeatable Member

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:44 pm
Theres 2 JROCK Bands called Acid. LOL! I love them both.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 am
I love the old acid with the previous vocalist from ex-siam shade, the new voc song are pretty good, they sing the opening and ending for tokyo majin gakuen kenpuchou.  

RukaKnight

krazy_kat_star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:27 pm
i like some of thier songs  
Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out