Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
this is just messed up....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:37 pm
i am the only one in my girl scout troop who can knit, not even my troop leader can, and no one can crochet also  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:25 pm
Well ya know... knitting isn't a basic girlscout ability... i'm hardly surprised, honestly.

My friend and i taught a badge way back when, i forget which one it was, but it was a knitting something or other, when we were in girlscouts, and very few people really picked it up. Some of them got it in the end, but none of them continued.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:30 am
I was never in boy-scouts...but some thing tell's me they would not really like to see me knitting. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:49 am
No one in my girl scout troop knit or crocheted either but we were lucky to have a leader most of the time. I got my first badge 6 years into scouting and that was my last year. We were really more of a social club that occasionally did community service projects and went on weekend trips.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:18 am
I'm not surprised either. When I was in girl scouts, what I remember doing is needling our leader to take us camping, but she wasn't certified to be able to or something, so we mostly painted flower pots -.-

Thus, I was only in up to a second-year Junior.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:58 am
ForestGreen
No one in my girl scout troop knit or crocheted either but we were lucky to have a leader most of the time. I got my first badge 6 years into scouting and that was my last year. We were really more of a social club that occasionally did community service projects and went on weekend trips.
Thats alot like our troop... when we did badges, its because we got bored and decided that a badge would be fun. mad D As a result, one or two girls would 'teach' the badge, and alot of the time you had three or four girls actually get the badge since we generally had multipul badges being taught at the same time, and practically none of us were interested in the same things.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:30 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I was never in boy-scouts...but some thing tell's me they would not really like to see me knitting. sweatdrop

i first started during school when they did a brief thiny in class and allowed us to continute and place them in boxes to teh side so we can work on them anytime.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 pm
Oh...my...GOD! Apocalypse!  

Mildred Pierce

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:07 am
Mildred Pierce
Oh...my...GOD! Apocalypse!

Now that's not very nice.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:16 am
Lee Kushrenada

I taught boy scouts how to knit at a summer camp once. They actually really enjoyed it - it was something to do in the rain and they could tak it home. I think it's all about how you present things.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:14 pm
my last troop leader knew how to crochet and knit, and she also knew how to do tatting...i knew how to crochet, and when i left the troop(unofficially, i'm still registered), i was learning how to knit, and i knew how to do a little bit of origami...

everyone else had their own little crafty specialty...one girl knew how to square knot stuff, one knew how to make lanyards outta that plastic stuff, one knew how to make friendship bracelets outta embroidery thread...  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:24 pm
I got annoyed with girl-scouts pretty early on- and then stayed in it for another six years because it was just what you did if you were an elementary school girl in my town. I was annoyed because my brothers were boy scouts and it always seemed like they were doing something interesting or learning how to do something useful and cool- like widdle wooden cars for a match box derby race or something.
Girl scouts spent so much time telling us we could do anything the boys could do that they did have time to teach us the stuff the boys were doing, or anything actually usefull- like knitting...  

Blue-eyes-green

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff