Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Patterns directory suggestion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:31 am
I know I'm rather new and whatnot, but the first thing I noticed when I wandered in is that there's no pattern deposit here! The other knitting forum I frequent has a sticky for amazing free patterns people find kicking around they they'd like to share, and I love it. It makes it easy to just go browsing around, or find a pattern of something someone did months ago that you'd love to try, but can't hunt down the post for.

It would work with other crafts, too. I suppose the easiest way to do it would be to have everyone that had some to contribute links in posts, and later index them by having posts on the first page dedicated to a specific craft that lists all the links for that craft given.

For example, there would be a post saying how the thread operates, and possibly giving some sites that offer several awesome patterns, such as www.anticraft.com or www.magknits.com, and then a post designated for knitting patterns, another for crochet, another for duct tape, a miscellania, etc.

I'd be happy to create and organize it myself, if there is interest. What do you say, everyone?  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 am
www.knittingpatterncentral.com is so good at keeping up to date with free patterns, there's really no need to have a thread for it. We can just point people to that website and let them find the catagory they want. If someone finds something particularly neat, they usually post about it. If someone creates a pattern, it's usually put in the tutorial sub-forum.  

Catcheen
Crew

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:01 am
Ack, forgot to add www.crochetpatterncentral.com too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:55 am
But what about those patterns that don't make it to those sites? I find all sorts of amazing little things on blogs that might only have one or two patterns on them, and many of them don't get listed on the centrals.  

Mangolyn

Fionamule

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:56 pm
Sock patterns

i love the anitcraft! they are the best!

also Knitty Magazine has fun things too.

the yarn harlot has a few patterns on her blog (found here) and she also has a lot of blog links there where you can find patterns.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:56 am
mrgreen Knitty is my favoritest place in the whole 'net! They have a forum, too, which I love to pieces ^_^

I also just found this one, which lets you sign up to be notified when new patterns appear.

(another motive in suggesting this was to help maybe new knitters that don't know about all the awesome sites out there find them, BTW)  

Mangolyn

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:06 pm
There's also Yarn Monkey's International Socks of Doom. heart  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out