Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
Angel Wings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:33 am
She walks down lonely back streets,
Her pants are ripped and torn;
She used to be a someone,
Now she’s nothing anymore.

And yet, down in her memory,
She remembers how it was
Before she lost the life she knew.
She’s scarred and scared because

Of little things we cannot know.
Those things that eat away...
They tatter the wings of angels
Those things she cannot say...

Those moments build up walls
That tower to the sky,
And no matter how they flutter
Her wings no longer fly.

For they are tattered, torn, and bent,
But no one seems to see
How far away this young one is
From what she used to be.

The ripped up pants accentuate
The tatters in her wings,
And just to fly once more, I know
She would give anything...  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:56 pm
crying That is so deep. It really made me think. I like your style.  

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:57 am
greenrider_calidar
crying That is so deep. It really made me think. I like your style.

Aww!! Thankies biggrin I'm glad that it made you think...some of the best poetry does that biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:28 am
Woah, that's beautiful, I really liked it, I showed it to a friend of mine and she cried (she's an emotional girl...)!

Keep up the good work!  

- Strike without Mercy -

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:00 am
"Nothing Anymore"?
I'm sorry.
I'm not criticizing, honestly.
I'm just wondering if that's correct.
sweatdrop stressed

Anyhow, I really do love your poem.
It's quite touching.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:38 pm
Simply beautiful 4laugh
Oh yeah and "Nothing anymore" is correct it wouldn't be if it said "Nothing No More" that's the wrong one. Well good job though.

Stelana

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 pm
sweatdrop I didn't mean to make anyone cry! I'm glad that you liked it, though biggrin LOL

- Strike without Mercy -
Woah, that's beautiful, I really liked it, I showed it to a friend of mine and she cried (she's an emotional girl...)!

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 pm
Thanks for the comment biggrin Glad that you liked it, LOL. And that's one of the nice things about poetry, grammar's important, but you can twist the words around if you want to get a desired affect. For me, in this one, it's not ungrammatical; however, I have been known to change the way something's presented to fit the rhythm of the piece...Just how it works, I suppose biggrin LOL Thanks again for commenting biggrin

Crescent Flame
"Nothing Anymore"?
I'm sorry.
I'm not criticizing, honestly.
I'm just wondering if that's correct.
sweatdrop stressed

Anyhow, I really do love your poem.
It's quite touching.

greeneyesandglasses

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Aww biggrin Glad that you liked it! And thanks for the grammar support, that's always helpful...otherwise I would have read it over and over again trying to figure out if indeed it was wrong biggrin Thankies!!! LOL

Stelana
Simply beautiful 4laugh
Oh yeah and "Nothing anymore" is correct it wouldn't be if it said "Nothing No More" that's the wrong one. Well good job though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 pm
Very good flow and images. I could really picture the state she's in, yet in the clothes she could still be anybody. Quite a few of the lines were both beautiful and heart wrenching.  

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:07 am
Aww!! Thanks for such an absolutely lovey comment!!! biggrin I'm glad that you enjoyed it biggrin

Kali Eyad
Very good flow and images. I could really picture the state she's in, yet in the clothes she could still be anybody. Quite a few of the lines were both beautiful and heart wrenching.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:27 pm
I liked the flow of the words and the feel. You could hear her story being told even though you had no idea what had happened. I know sometimes I feel broken too. I think we all do. I hope she can find a way to fix her wings. They sound beautiful.  

Rutoh-Chan

greeneyesandglasses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 pm
Thanks for the wonderful thoughts about her ^)__(^ I hope she can, too! And I think you're right, we all have those moments when we just fell like we can't get our feet off the ground, no matter how hard we try...Thankfully, with enough determination and a bit of laughter, we can usually mend those wings and take flight once again biggrin Glad that you enjoyed it!!!! biggrin

Rutoh-Chan
I liked the flow of the words and the feel. You could hear her story being told even though you had no idea what had happened. I know sometimes I feel broken too. I think we all do. I hope she can find a way to fix her wings. They sound beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 am
Wonderful flow. I liked how it crescendoed and ended. You were able to keep the focus on the girl and you didn't overdo the effects. I think it's a wonderful example of controlled, emotional expression. smile  

Lord_Skyy

sayaandtenshi

Friendly Conversationalist

5,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 am
I adore this poem so much. I read it to my friend who loves poems and she said it was one of the best she's ever heard.  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games