Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
So I came out of the broom closet...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:36 pm
And my mom doesn't like what I'm doing, but she said she's going to support me and help me. ^.^ It took a long while to tell her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 pm
congradulations. Hope that your studies go well.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:50 pm
SonarP
And my mom doesn't like what I'm doing, but she said she's going to support me and help me. ^.^ It took a long while to tell her.

that is awesome that your mom will support you! Good for you for coming out of the broom closet as well! Be happy and know that you are lucky in your life to have a mother willing to support you!  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:40 am
How precisely did you go about telling her? Just curious how you phrased everything; some of us here might be able to learn from your methods. whee  

Starlock
Crew

STLeeJay

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:40 pm
SonarP

Great going! Way to go! Seriously! *pats you on the back* Us Wiccans, Pagans, etc., need to stop fearing the world and its people around us, and make a stand, saying "this is who we are, and you'll just have to take us that way". Good job! I'm glad you decided to tell her. I think you'll find your stress, worry and fear will dissipate with the more people you openly tell about your religious/spiritual choices.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm
I came out of the broom closet and my mom didn't seem to have a problem with it, but I think thats because she didn't believe me 4laugh  

Astral_Moonlight

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:43 pm
cutiemonkey8
I came out of the broom closet and my mom didn't seem to have a problem with it, but I think thats because she didn't believe me 4laugh
hahahaha! xd my parents don't give a s**t what religion i am as long as they can still rub their noses all up in my business! whee i decided i was wiccan, my folks were all like "you don't even kow what it is!" and i was all like "OH, YOU DON'T KNWO THAT! FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE BEEN PART OF A LARGE GROUP OF PAGANS AND WICCANS FOR WEEKS NOW AND I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT!" and it turned into a big arguement... sweatdrop meh, normal dayly life for me... stare my stepdad hates me, and my mom just wants to use me for completing her own goals...yeah, she's a wiccan too, but she quit with fortune telling, sticking to wards, and won't teach me a THING about spells or whatever... stressed  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:32 pm
SonarP

I hope everything works out well for you. Perhaps, since your mother is willing to support you, she may gain a better understanding of your beliefs.  

Hen-na-gaijin

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:09 pm
Hennagaijin
SonarP

I hope everything works out well for you. Perhaps, since your mother is willing to support you, she may gain a better understanding of your beliefs.
*sighs* i wish my family was close like that, so i could trust them, and they could actualy understand me, instead of ignoring me and telling me they know me better than i do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:28 am
SonarP
Congratulations! biggrin It's always so hard getting around to it, isn't it? I put it off for years (I'll tell her tomorrow, or next month, or after my birthday, or after my next birthday... sweatdrop ).

When I finally told my parents it was the day before my eighteenth birthday. It just seemed... right. I had to endure a little bit of teasing from my brother for a while, but other than that it was relatively painless.

So congratulations on being brave! It's always better once it's over with.  

Pelta

Advent Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:05 am
Crongrats! I'm glad more and more people are choosing to step out and admit to who they are. The pagan community is ever growing in numbers, but there are still too many misconceptions about who we are and what we do.

But I digress...

I'm very proud of you. May your path be illuminated, in every sense of the word.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 am
It takes guts to stand up for what you believe in, and right now I'm still trying to find out more about my beliefs and how I proceed them, without people thinking much of me, good luck with your studies and may life be marry for you. 3nodding  

Redwing~Shadow

SonarP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:41 pm
O_O Wow...people actually responded to this....o.o; Sorry for leaving you guys hanging.
Well, I told her about paganism and shamanism (in a nutshell...'kay, not really a nutshell.). She said that if she had any questions, she'd ask. :O  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games