Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Question, when you started Knitting... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Answer?
  all the time
  sometimes
  no, not to me
View Results

fashionista468

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:59 pm
When I first started knitting, I had an obsession with scarves, then I started knitted purses with bamboo handles that I would sell at my school  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:20 pm
I learned all of my stitches, including seed and basic lace, cabling, increase-decreasing, intarsia, fair isle, sock knitting and dpn all in two days.
so no.
all of my knitting options were open immediately afterwards, and I just knitted up any pattern that fancied me.  

Kingyo~goldfish

dezignqueen209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 pm
I definetly get stuck on making the same thing. I love to make scarves in different lengths, colors, sizes and shapes. I think every one of my family members has received a scraf from me as a gift. I wish I still had time to make them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:39 pm
I never got addicted to any one item really- but I definately did fall into a pattern that I'm still in.

I'm a challenge knitter. As soon as I'd made my first (now ubiquitous through the family) Gryffindor scarf, I was hooked on the challege, and had to learn to make hats, then I wanted to do a sweater, then mittens, then socks, and now I'm into things like fair-isle mittens and really complicated lace scarves. It's actually not a great thing because when I'm knitting for a finished product, say if a sister in law asked for a garter stitch scarf, I have a hard time doing it because I'm automatically bored with what I'm knitting and don't really want to work on it.  

Blue-eyes-green

DiruAngel76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 pm
I am just now starting knitting and it is funny to see where others started. I guess I am starting with some books and simple things and seeing what I might be able to do one day.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff