Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

peemypants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 pm
I do know who RAB is...*smiles*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:51 pm
HBP made me cry when Harry and Draco had that duel in the bathroom wah crying
R.A.B. is Regulus Black I swear. Plus I read it in 8 hrs.  

SplitDemonIdentity

peemypants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:02 pm
RayvnAmreBlack
HBP made me cry when Harry and Draco had that duel in the bathroom wah crying
R.A.B. is Regulus Black I swear. Plus I read it in 8 hrs.

I agree with you. and yes thats the person who i thought it was. hehehe. and yeah i read it in 3 hours, i was so excited lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:34 pm
I haven't
I am so busy xd  

KagomeMay

xxScribbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:22 pm
Quote:
About the filthy b*****d Snape... I knew he was never on the Order's side... Never once did I think he could be for the good side. Chapter Two sealed and delivered my suspicions, although I never, not in my wildest dreams, thought Snape would... do that... to Dumbledore... People who like him, even the tiniest bit, disgust me. Just because he has "a complex character, oooh!" doesn't mean someone should fancy him. Disgusting.

Snape' might still be on the Order's side. There's much evidence that points towards him and Dumbledore having things planned out from the start.

Quote:
However, I doubt that'll matter, anyway, as Harry won't be attending. Nor will, I think, Ron or Hermione. Mrs Weasly will have kittens over that, though, so I smell a bit of rule-breaking on the air. Hah, like that ever stopped the Golden Trio!

For the most part I agree n_n

Quote:
I also thought it fitting that Harry broke up with Ginny. He's not exactly the type to have a lasting relationship, is he? =/

Ah, this isn't the end of their relationship. Harry thinks he can fix things by breaking up with Ginny but it won't- she's still close to him, dating or not. If they both survive, they'll be back together again. xP

Quote:
About Slughorn: Did any of you find his personality more like a 'Puff than a Slytherin? I couldn't really pin down why he was a Slytherin... He seemed so entirely different from the snake stereotype, yet this was a most welcome change... I rather liked him, though he, at times, reminded me of Lockhart. xp "Harry, m'boy!" blaugh

Yes, I bet J.K. did this for a reason: she's showing not ALL Slytherins are bad- or, for that matter, not all Gryffindors of Good! Remember Cormac McLaggen? That annoying Gryffindor keeper you just wanted to knock off his broomstick? He's a perfect example on how you can't catagorize people into houses perfectly- something she was trying to stress through out this book especially.

Quote:
Lupin! Why wasn't he featured more? I expected him to take on maybe a least a little of a fatherly role to Harry since Sirius disappeared, but he was hardly around at all! Granted, he had good reason, but when JK said he'd be back, I thought she meant really back... Like in Book Three...

Yes, I missed him too crying But he did show up. Plus he had a more important role off with Fenrir and the other werewolves...*shudders* Harry shows disappointment too that Lupin doesn't write him...sometime when he first arrives at Hogwarts and how he talks about how he never gets any mail anymore.

Quote:
And why would Tonks go after Remus anyway? He's old enough to be her father, I'd say! Reminds me of a Hollywood match, minus the inevitable breakup a few months down the line. Knock on wood.

Ah, I love 'em together! That was one of my ships at the end of the OotP! Goes to show you personality is what counts! Heheh Tonks' bubbily personality balances great with Lupin's mellow one.

Quote:
Was anyone else thoroughly disgusted to learn that Snape was the HBP? God, I hate him! scream

Nope, not disgusted, but I was surprised. That was like the only character I hadn't thought about being the HBP. Also, there was a rumor going around that maybe Snape was Lily's lab partner- or at least she had Snape's book at one time or another. Slughorn always talks about her being a brilliant potions student- but wasn't her best subject supposed to be charms? Ah well, it's a good topic to discuss n_n  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:33 am
Quote:

Nope, not disgusted, but I was surprised. That was like the only character I hadn't thought about being the HBP. Also, there was a rumor going around that maybe Snape was Lily's lab partner- or at least she had Snape's book at one time or another. Slughorn always talks about her being a brilliant potions student- but wasn't her best subject supposed to be charms? Ah well, it's a good topic to discuss n_n
It would be a good addition to the Snape loved Lily idea.  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

TigerStar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:03 am
I really liked the sixth book. In fact I think its my favorite so far. After reading the fifth one this one is a quicker pace, making it a great page turner.

In the case of the love stories I thought it built character. Ron and Hermione have been going at it for years and started to compete with eachother to see who could get who more jealous. With the situation of Harry and Ginny...I think its cute. Ginny has always pined over him and Harry seems to like her very much. It also seems a great match because if Ginny is Rons sister and Harry already is best friends with him then Harry should be able to get along with ginny just fine.

For Dumbledores death....I feel great pain but believe that it had to happen. Harry needs to do this his way. There is always a certain time in life when your mentors leave and you have to make your own decisions. Dumbledore will be highly remembered.

As for Snape...I love him to death....Before anyone jumps to conclusions about him, think about this:

Batman is a super hero right? Many people like him because he is as good as the rest of them if not better WITHOUT super powers. He is a "dark" super hero though......He tends to the criminals a little bit harsher then the rest, sometimes leading to a brudal questioning.... People don't know what he is doing all the time, he's secretive. He is a master mind and can play both parts, good and evil....now put this thought with Snape....he's "dark", quick-minded, can do both good and evil, and people don't always know what he is up to. Maybe Snape is doing good and people just don't understand his techniques.....I don't know just at thought.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:54 am
I was so excited when I FINALLY got to read it. Seriously, I was so busy that I did not get a chance to to even buy the book until September! And I read it in about 7-8 hours. But I had to split it up over a few days. Because I was still busy!

Totally my favorite book so far. But it took a rather long time to get to school. And I really want to know what happened to Dumbldore's arm. And what will the 3 main characters do if they aren't in school?

Annalise Morwen

Pow in the Wow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:25 pm
Mekania
I agree on the point that Dumbledore had to die. It doesn't make it any less depressing but it had to be done. But...

I'm actually still REALLY wishy washy about who's side Snape is on. Did you notice he never actualy HARMED Harry during his "flight"? Just defended himself by knocking Harry down and disarming him. I doubt Voldemort would have cared if the boy recieved a few wounds so that's not an excuse.

That and I don't believe Dumbledore's plea was for Snape to spare his life. I think he was asking to die. Dumbledore was aware of Snape making the Unbreakable Vow and he had also spent most of the last moments of his life trying to save an "innocent" - Malfoy. I think Dumbledore knew Snape would keep Malfoy safe after he died. That was part of Snape's vow, afterall. But if Snape didn't kill Dumbledore he would have died and Malfoy would have been found and killed for failing his task. That's two people dead for the price of an old (marvelous, glorious, powerfull, and altogether awesome) man. But Dumbledore would have died anyway by the hand of one of the other Death Eaters in the room. So that's three unnecessary deaths. Which is why I think he was telling Snape to kill him. And the look of disgust and revulsion on Snape's face was because Dumbledore was making him do something he didn't want to do and he knew he had to.

But I could be wrong. It's really hard to figure out a character that is such a bloody good liar. But one thing's for sure; whether he's good or evil, he just got a million brownie points from Voldemort and his followers.

Onto the R.A.B. thing. I also think it's Regulus Black. It makes a lot of sense. He wanted out of the Death Eaters maybe before he found out about Voldemort's secret. He wrote the letter, after he stole the Horcrux, knowing he was going to die because nobody's stupid enough to believe they could back out of Voldemort's followers alive. Destroyed the real locket and now he's dead.

Overall, I liked the book. It's not my favorite and there were a few things that bothered me. But it was a hell of a lot better than Book Five, in my opinion.

Sorry for my rambling! I probably haven't made much sense sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Yes, I have! And while I did enjoy it, the book was a bit weak and didn't have as creative plots as the other books. But maybe I'm just being narrow-minded and not analyzing things closely. Anyways, I hated Ron and Lavendar hooking up and their constant "snogging." (I don't like that word. Prefer kissing. sweatdrop ) Didn't like Harry using Sectum Sempra on Malfoy (that was horrible!) and I didn't like Dumbledore dying.. crying

There were, of course, things I did like, as with all the other books. That lucky golden potion (forgot what it was called) among them. As always, there were the funny humorous scenes and dialogue, and wise advice (I guess we could call it that).

The Half-Blood Prince was not my favorite book of the Harry Potter series, but no one can deny it wasn't a good read. Every Harry Potter book is!! whee  

camouflage_girl

Special Agent Nishin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:25 pm
I have! And I honestly thought the half-blood Prince referec to Voldemort.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:56 am
bump heart  

Wiwra

sparky102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:43 am
it was pretty good!!!!!!!!!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers