Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Changing neighbourhood pic?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chikiya

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:36 am
Is there a way of changing the default picture that it shows for a neighbourhood on the main page? All the Maxis neighbourhoods have nice pictures for them but my custom neighbourhood just has a landscape.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:10 pm
Yep, you can change it. I have done in my game. I'll try to remember how to do it (it was a while ago).
Open My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Neighborhoods and then the neighbourhood that you want to edit the picture for. You should be able to see the existing picture in there. I think it should be a PNG file. You can open that and edit it and then save the changes so the next time you run the game you should see that picture instead. Or you can create your own from scratch but it has to have the exact same name as the original and be the same file type. Having the same dimentions helps too or the game stretches it to fit.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chikiya

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:03 am
Menaceman
Yep, you can change it. I have done in my game. I'll try to remember how to do it (it was a while ago).
Open My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Neighborhoods and then the neighbourhood that you want to edit the picture for. You should be able to see the existing picture in there. I think it should be a PNG file. You can open that and edit it and then save the changes so the next time you run the game you should see that picture instead. Or you can create your own from scratch but it has to have the exact same name as the original and be the same file type. Having the same dimentions helps too or the game stretches it to fit.
Thanks smile  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff