Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Hello, My Name Is On Your TV!-- Movies & Television.
Movie Reviews, so you can find out if it's worth your time. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:11 pm
Fantastic Four 2
6/10
So I saw this over the weekend because we heard it was up at IMAX, so we went and found out it was playing on the IMAX screen but only part of it because it was filmed in the wrong format, so to save you from wasting your money, don't see it in IMAX, becacuase it really isn't on the IMAX screen
Overall it was okay, it's what you'd expect from a superhero movie,
There were a few jokes, a few funny film coverups (when the helicopter swoops down at there wedding, it's the cameraguy's helicopter, they later edited it so that it was for a channel station or something.
It's one of the few superhero's to ever earn a PG rating, so if you're expecting lots of death, it's not here
It's something to see if you've got absolutly nothing to do.
There's nothing wrong ith it, but nothing that really makes it memoriable
Oh, and if you do end up seeing it, watch out for the wilhem scream, which makes an apperance "When the Army and the Fantastic Four first have an up close encounter with the silver surfer." I missed it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:15 pm
Evan Almighty: 5/10: I dunno. It didn't really do it for me but it's nice to see the sequal.

It was pretty slow in the beginning and they tried their best to make it work but I found it pretty mediocre. And some of the jokes were bad.

But really, really good CG and special effects. o_o I personally love the twist regarding the flood in the story. It's not from rain.
But I won't say what.

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 pm
1408: 6/10: LOL FAIL.

Not as scary as it was cracked up to be.
In fact, it was NOTHING like it was cracked up to be.

It played tricks with your mind. It ******** you.

Good thing I didn't pay for my ticket. x3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:10 am
Zeit Rachen Havoc
1408: 6/10: LOL FAIL.

Not as scary as it was cracked up to be.
In fact, it was NOTHING like it was cracked up to be.

It played tricks with your mind. It ******** you.

Good thing I didn't pay for my ticket. x3

8/10
really?
I thought, personally it was good, not great, but good
I'll agree it wasn't scary[for me, it scared my sister for some reson],
and it was confusing at parts
but I loved the ending
i loved how they left it open [you could believe either two things happened]
which, for me, was a very smart thing for the writers to write [can't think of a better word]
***SPOILERS***
this way, people who like happy endings can believe it was happy, and true fans can believe that the cylce will repeat itself untill he kills himself, which means that twice [or both groups] would go see it, instead of being left with the dilema of chosing either he lives or dies, they left it off at the point where you could believe either, as well as giving you reason to believe that how you wanted it to end is how it ended
1st cycle:
-clock says one hour
-drowning [water gushing out of frame]
-in hospital with his wife
-writes the book
2nd cycle:
-clock starts the hour agian
-buring [sets the room on fire]
-in hospital with wife
-writes book

rayne_phantom

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am
Transfomers
8.5/10
If this looks like a kids movie, do not be mistaken,
it might be suitable for kids
but it doesn't mean it's a kids movie
if that's at all understandable
it's a good movie, granted most of it is CGI effects and the base film, at certain times has a very grainy apperance when you eyes jump from the robots [with the CGI they are very clean cut and not at all grainy] to the actual film, but that wasn't something that they could have really avioded unless they filmed the entire movie on 15/70 film format instead of the typical and more common 35mm film
aother thing that, i personally wish they did different, was to add more motion blur to the robots, I'm not sure if michael bay was trying to get across that the robots were very precise and added [to me] little motion blur to them, but it had an unrealistic feel to them because they did what Jason and the argonauts did...
but enough of my technical opinions
the plot, of course is out there,
but what movie envolving aliens isn't?
I think that it was well scripted and the acting was good,
and it had some comical relief as well as dramatic moments where it had the group of three guys sitting next to me literally on the edge of their seat [not joking]
it's a blockbuster movie like independence day except with a little more humor
I'm planning to go and see if it's any better on the IMAX this weekend so I'll let everyone know if it's any better then

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:53 am
rayne_phantom
Transfomers
8.5/10
it's a good movie, granted most of it is CGI effects and the base film, at certain times has a very grainy apperance when you eyes jump from the robots [with the CGI they are very clean cut and not at all grainy] to the actual film, but that wasn't something that they could have really avioded unless they filmed the entire movie on 15/70 film format instead of the typical and more common 35mm film
aother thing that, i personally wish they did different, was to add more motion blur to the robots, I'm not sure if michael bay was trying to get across that the robots were very precise and added [to me] little motion blur to them, but it had an unrealistic feel to them because they did what Jason and the argonauts did...
and it had some comical relief as well as dramatic moments where it had the group of three guys sitting next to me literally on the edge of their seat [not joking]
I'm planning to go and see if it's any better on the IMAX this weekend so I'll let everyone know if it's any better then

Omfg.
My friends saw it in IMAX, and they said it was the coolest thing they've EVER experienced.
Because when the robots and such blow up things or when they're fighting, of course, since it's in IMAX, the room will just shake.

Then they saw it a second time and said it sucked in a normal theatre.

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:44 am
Zeit Rachen Havoc
rayne_phantom
Transfomers
8.5/10

Omfg.
My friends saw it in IMAX, and they said it was the coolest thing they've EVER experienced.
Because when the robots and such blow up things or when they're fighting, of course, since it's in IMAX, the room will just shake.

Then they saw it a second time and said it sucked in a normal theatre.

I ended up not going to see it in IMAX,
but I know someone who did who siad that it was painful because they had to keep throwing their head back and forth....
It's werid how two people can have polar opinions....
the most recent film I saw in IMAX was 300,
I was thinking about seeing the next harry potter in IMAX, but when they said the last 20 min. of the movie will be in 3-D, I figured that I would just see it in a normal theatre or when they drop the 3-D part...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm
SuperBad
8/10
very funny, comes out the 17th of Aug for everyone else, don't want to ruin it so I'll just say the two cops are hilarious
Joshua
7.5/10
I thought this movie was very good and worth seeing, [might be hard since it's not wide release, you'll have to go to a specialty theatre], it's a little slow paced [come on now, it's an indie film, be nice to them] and the endings not something I would have chosen, but I still think it was good
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
8/10
I saw this in IMAX with the 3-D, trust me, the 3-D is not worth it. It's cool to se it in IMAX, but the 3-D is more painful than anything. You''l want to read the book before seeing it, it's very fast paced and scenes that didn't need to be extended were and some of the good stuff from the book [hospital with Nevile]... But it was ok, I'm not going to say it was great but it's still worth seeing

rayne_phantom

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:39 pm
rayne_phantom
SuperBad
8/10
very funny, comes out the 17th of Aug for everyone else, don't want to ruin it so I'll just say the two cops are hilarious
Joshua
7.5/10
I thought this movie was very good and worth seeing, [might be hard since it's not wide release, you'll have to go to a specialty theatre], it's a little slow paced [come on now, it's an indie film, be nice to them] and the endings not something I would have chosen, but I still think it was good
8/10
I saw this in IMAX with the 3-D, trust me, the 3-D is not worth it. It's cool to se it in IMAX, but the 3-D is more painful than anything. You''l want to read the book before seeing it, it's very fast paced and scenes that didn't need to be extended were and some of the good stuff from the book [hospital with Nevile]... But it was ok, I'm not going to say it was great but it's still worth seeing

I thought Joshua was more of a 6, just because of the ending. I think they had the potential to make it better.

And SuperBad, I gave that movie a 12/10.
I don't know why.

I absolutely loved it, but I hated Knocked Up. o_o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:45 pm
Zeit Rachen Havoc
rayne_phantom
SuperBad
8/10
Joshua
7.5/10
8/10

I thought Joshua was more of a 6, just because of the ending. I think they had the potential to make it better.

And SuperBad, I gave that movie a 12/10.
I don't know why.

I absolutely loved it, but I hated Knocked Up. o_o

I totally agree about the ending of Joshua, it was really good up untill then... but then again there are a ton of good movies with crappy endings

rayne_phantom

Molotov Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:01 pm
Four Eyed Monsters
I highly, highly recommend this film.
It's beautiful, thoughtful, organic, and, although it's quite angsty, the angst isn't, for the most part, annoying.
And here's the best part. The directors put it up for free on Youtube.
Isn't that exciting?
So go for it. Even if you just watch the first few minutes of the film.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Juno: 9/10  

rayne_phantom

Hello, My Name Is On Your TV!-- Movies & Television.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games