Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Music Recommendation Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Idlemess

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:46 pm
Recommend bands and songs you think people should check out.

Artist name: Blonde Redhead

Genre: Indie Alternative

Song: Heroine

Album: 23

Description: A band made of 3 members. Kazu Makino, Simone and Almedeo Pace (twins). Their music has had many shapes and forms over the years they have been together; their first albums are very similar to Sonic Youth (they were signed by them). Over the years their sound has matured and become their own. Heroine starts off with a computer generated voice then Kazu sings along with it. Its a very very beautiful melodramatic song that I recommend to anyone who is looking for something thoughtful, reflective, emotional, and calming. Also, Kazu is Japanese so her voice has a lot of the characteristics of a Japanese singer. Her voice is very soft and she does great phrasing of her words.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:59 am
Has anyone tried Shotcast.com? it is an internet radio directory - from there pick a genre and listen to awesome music for free. one band I love is Cruciform Injection check them out on CruciformInjection.com  

Arkady Skyreaver

Samuel Beal

Married Husband

8,050 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 pm
I would recommend a band by the name of Cruxshadows. The song that got me hooked is a song called of Marlyin my Bitterness. (know i spelled something wrong in that) I recommend this band because of the style. I watched an interview in which the lead singer said they perform for the fans. So this is a great band. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 am
I'd reccomend either Assemblage 23 or VNV Nation... their songs are usually peacful... but upbeat. I love both bands alot. You should check them out.  

Michael Jetfire

Black Hale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:02 am
Atmosphere...they are a great band with good rap songs. They are the sort of music where you just want to mosh...and throw your head about anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:01 pm
I would recommend Evanescence to people who like metal and rock. I don't have any specific songs though... sweatdrop  

- Unidentifyed

chernobylpets

Godlike Demon

38,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:41 am
Tapping the Vein.
They were rocking the underground genre...and were a major influence to Evanescence.
(and the chick singer can seriously whail)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 am
Weird Al Yankovich. Makes fun of some good songs and they are very funny.  

irishdawg69

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:52 pm
Within Temptation... good if you like Evanescence.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:11 am
i would say look up flogging molly and the fratellis they are pretty good bands  

I larko I

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:01 pm
i'd say KMFDM for those americans that sometimes think the usa is run by idiots sometimes.  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games