Reply Book 7- Rumors and Predictions
Dumbledore and Sirius - Dead or Alive?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noelani Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:36 pm
In the fifth book, Sirius died. He was Harry's Godfather, he was an animagus, he was one of Jame's best friends. But is he really dead?

In the sixth book, Dumbledore died. He was somewhat Harry's mentor, one of the wisest wizards ever, Hogwarts' headmaster, and much, much more. But is he really dead?

Here are my theories on it.

Dumbledore

I think he died and is not coming back to life. There is no way to reverse death - even in the wizarding world. Dumbledore was old as well. I'm sad of course, but I think we should accept that he's dead. My friend's mom thinks he's alive though and is just faking death. But he was struck by the killing curse! Wouldn't he at least have told Harry if he was faking death? What motive would he have for pretending to die?

Sirius

Sirius on the other hand, I think is alive. J.K.R. has confirmed that there is some use of the two-way mirror. Although this doesn't confirm that he's alive, it gives us evidence. Unlike Dumbledore, Sirius died mysteriously and there was no body. He went through a veil. Everyone just kind of assumed that he was dead. Is he really dead? Is he in another dimension? I think that this is a more likely answer. Maybe it's just my hope that Sirius isn't dead, but I don't believe he is. This character has so much more to give.

Fight for your theories on it here.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:35 pm
Dumbledore = Dead

J.K. has already settled this rumor by saying that Dumbledore is in fact dead and wont be coming back.

Sirius = a bit more difficult.

Jk has confirmed that the two way mirror will come of some use in the 7th book as well as Sirius' old flying motorbike... but then she also says "There was a reason he had to die" but never said he isnt coming back.

Frankly, I think hes in a sort of limbo. The creepy thing that Luna said after he went thru the veil? The mirror which was supposed to only link him and harry? The motorbike isnt as important because hagrid had it so... I dunno... Mostly Im interested in what Luna said... she seemed to know what she was talking about

She knew about the thestrals, and is to weird to not believe sometimes.

of course this might just be my mind trying to convince itself that hes still alive somewhere....=|

Tech no logy

Salty Codger

Vulp

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:18 pm
Dumbledore= Dead like a turkey on thankgiving ( mrgreen )

Sirius= I don't think he's dead dead, but he's not alive, like Technologie said, he's in a limbo, so he could be like a ghost but not a ghost, more like a spirit that can comunicate *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:25 pm
WARNING: SERIOUSLY FAR OUT THEORY

Dumbledor could have survived. A quick shield charm or dodge, or whatever, and he volunatirly pitches himself over the edge. On the way down, he transfigures some random brick to look like him (it was done in book 4 with body into bone, so it would work in reverse), and then catches himself magically. Or fawkes does. Whatever. Then he releases the spell binding harry, and sucessfully fakes his own death at snape's hands.  

Tassen Spellbinder

Nilokara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 pm
Tassen Spellbinder

Dumbledor could have survived. A quick shield charm or dodge, or whatever, and he volunatirly pitches himself over the edge. On the way down, he transfigures some random brick to look like him (it was done in book 4 with body into bone, so it would work in reverse), and then catches himself magically. Or fawkes does. Whatever. Then he releases the spell binding harry, and sucessfully fakes his own death at snape's hands.

There is no spell that can stop Avada Kedavra And, if you payed attention to details, you would have known that Dumbledore was too weak from drinking the poison in the basin to have dodged, and someone would have noticed him move.

My theories:

Dumbledore: Dead. No doubt about it.

Sirius: Those who watch soap operas know exactly whats going through my mind. No body, a chance to bring him back.
**Note: Possible spoiler!!

My ultimate theory :
Harry and Voldemort are dueling, sirius comes back earlier in the book and throws himself in front of Avada Kedavra He dies. Harry then kills Voldemort while he has his chance, with his old advantage brought back ((voldemort can't touch him))

well theres my theory on who dies as well^.^

Sorry if its spoiler..
Got any questions on my theory? I know it doesnt make much sense i just couldn't think of a way to word it lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 am
Nilokara
Tassen Spellbinder

There is no spell that can stop Avada Kedavra And, if you payed attention to details, you would have known that Dumbledore was too weak from drinking the poison in the basin to have dodged, and someone would have noticed him move.

My theories:

Dumbledore: Dead. No doubt about it.

Sirius: Those who watch soap operas know exactly whats going through my mind. No body, a chance to bring him back.
**Note: Possible spoiler!!

My ultimate theory :
Harry and Voldemort are dueling, sirius comes back earlier in the book and throws himself in front of Avada Kedavra He dies. Harry then kills Voldemort while he has his chance, with his old advantage brought back ((voldemort can't touch him))

well theres my theory on who dies as well^.^

Sorry if its spoiler..
Got any questions on my theory? I know it doesnt make much sense i just couldn't think of a way to word it lol

I agree that Nilokara's theory is pretty much impossible.

However, I think that your ultimate theory is a really good possibility and I could totally see it happening in the book.

Noelani Rules

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:24 pm
Tassen Spellbinder

stressed stressed stressed JK ROWLING has CONFIRMED that dumbledore is DEAD. he wont come back. DEAD. he diddnt escape. HES DEAD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:00 pm
being a person that cant let stuff go i must say that i do too agree with the fact that Albus is still in fact alive, lets look at the situation at hand ; did we not remember that Tom Riddle made hurcurxes, and Albus found a least one or two of them... Albus did mention that he in fact knew how Tom made these and what one would have too do in in order to make them ... I think Albus knew that this was surposed to happen and he is a weird way went along with it making his death look so simple.... Lets think people why would Albus go out so easily... and why did snape hurry to malfoy and push him aside to kill Albus....??? I am thinking and analyzing the situation to the full capacity... And too add on half the time snape didnt know what was going on with the death eaters... sanpe is not a death eater he is the inside man and i think he is going to die in Deathly hollows for helping harry... I AM JUST SAYING>>>JUST THINK OUT LOUD HERE... scream  

La Crepes

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:02 pm
Le Crepes
being a person that cant let stuff go i must say that i do too agree with the fact that Albus is still in fact alive, lets look at the situation at hand ; did we not remember that Tom Riddle made hurcurxes, and Albus found a least one or two of them... Albus did mention that he in fact knew how Tom made these and what one would have too do in in order to make them ... I think Albus knew that this was surposed to happen and he is a weird way went along with it making his death look so simple.... Lets think people why would Albus go out so easily... and why did snape hurry to malfoy and push him aside to kill Albus....??? I am thinking and analyzing the situation to the full capacity... And too add on half the time snape didnt know what was going on with the death eaters... sanpe is not a death eater he is the inside man and i think he is going to die in Deathly hollows for helping harry... I AM JUST SAYING>>>JUST THINK OUT LOUD HERE... scream

Ok, to make horcruxes you have to KILL people and rip apart your soul. dumbledore is not a killer. hes a good guy. If he had known it had to happen then he would have stopped riddle.
and snape is in it for his own good. if dumbledore had the upper hand, he wouldnt have killed dumbledore. and how would he make his death look simple? he was sick and weak after drinking that liquid, and even the strongest wizards (voldemort dumbledore etc.) can die.
and if you read up...jk CONFIRMED that Albus is DEAD and will NOT be coming back. hes DEAD. he might communicate and have a big part but hes DEAD! stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:42 pm
Cara_carne
Le Crepes

Ok, to make horcruxes you have to KILL people and rip apart your soul. dumbledore is not a killer. hes a good guy. If he had known it had to happen then he would have stopped riddle.
and snape is in it for his own good. if dumbledore had the upper hand, he wouldnt have killed dumbledore. and how would he make his death look simple? he was sick and weak after drinking that liquid, and even the strongest wizards (voldemort dumbledore etc.) can die.
and if you read up...jk CONFIRMED that Albus is DEAD and will NOT be coming back. hes DEAD. he might communicate and have a big part but hes DEAD! stressed

Agreed. He's dead, Snape's bad. To quote from the book (Pg. 197 of HBP):
"But you think you're right?" said Harry.
"Naturally I do, but as I have already proven to you, I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being - forgive me - rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger."
His trust in Snape was a mistake...a HUGE mistake.

...and might I put in. Harry isn't a Horcrux...if he was, why in the world would Voldy be trying to kill him?  

Gummy Raindrops

Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff