Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Vegeta Can You Take Me Higher Amv

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leetrixX

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:29 am
my best amv yet took me a couple months to make i hope you enjoy it here is the url http://youtube.com/watch?v=oYjQ6e9C1ek tell me what you think of it  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:32 am
....The trigun vid was much better than that.

And sadly I have nothing new to say. Maybe you should listen to the constructive critcism and then apply it to your videos.

The quality is AWFUL. Seriously, just because it's a DBZ video it doesn't mean it has to be the worst quality video ever. And there are fansubs!!! gonk And the goddamn Cartoon Network logo in the bottom corner! Get the DVDs. Rip the DVDs and edit with that.

The scenes don't match the lyrics. It just feels like random fight scenes the whole way through. Yet again, just because it's a DBZ vid doesn't mean it has to have nothing but meaningless fight scenes. This is why I tire of DBZ vids because no one seems to think there's any need to put effort into the video.

Timing is key. But since the scenes don't fit I doubt timing would have changed much.

Seriously. Just sit down and look at all the other criticism you've gotten. Think about how it can help your editing and work on it from there. Start with clean footage from the DVDs. The song from the CD. Work out a plan for the video. Best thing for you to do is get the lyrics of the song and go line by line to find what is needed to best fit that song. Then listen to the beats to find where the scene changes should be, the fades, etc etc.

Honestly, I think your best bet would be to go back and remake the trigun video. Don't just let it sit there looking half finished.

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

leetrixX

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 pm
Desdemona Legardored
....The trigun vid was much better than that.

And sadly I have nothing new to say. Maybe you should listen to the constructive critcism and then apply it to your videos.

The quality is AWFUL. Seriously, just because it's a DBZ video it doesn't mean it has to be the worst quality video ever. And there are fansubs!!! gonk And the goddamn Cartoon Network logo in the bottom corner! Get the DVDs. Rip the DVDs and edit with that.

The scenes don't match the lyrics. It just feels like random fight scenes the whole way through. Yet again, just because it's a DBZ vid doesn't mean it has to have nothing but meaningless fight scenes. This is why I tire of DBZ vids because no one seems to think there's any need to put effort into the video.

Timing is key. But since the scenes don't fit I doubt timing would have changed much.

Seriously. Just sit down and look at all the other criticism you've gotten. Think about how it can help your editing and work on it from there. Start with clean footage from the DVDs. The song from the CD. Work out a plan for the video. Best thing for you to do is get the lyrics of the song and go line by line to find what is needed to best fit that song. Then listen to the beats to find where the scene changes should be, the fades, etc etc.

Honestly, I think your best bet would be to go back and remake the trigun video. Don't just let it sit there looking half finished.
but im lazy! lol ^_^ dont worry im still a noob at this stuff ill get better with more time under my belt with the vegeta vid i just wanted to test if i could do effects alright and the quality i dont have money to buy dvds ok so deal with the quality for now also the trigun vid is already in process of being remade okay and ill be sure to tell you guys when its finished so dont worry im a noob at amvs and im not afraid to admit it but im trying my best with what i got give me a website or something with the awesome quality clips and (also in my oppinion i think the quality was decent) but w/e just let me work at my pace but thanks for the tips! you pushed me to find new ways to edit my clips so your criticism did not go in vain  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 am
I understand that you're a noob and all but that's really not an excuse not to buy the DVDs. You enjoy the show, do you not? I mean, that's why you're editing with it. You should show your support for the show and those who brought it out by purchasing the DVDs. As for the money problem...get a job. -.- This world revolves around money. I mean you can do somethine as small as asking your parents to pay you if you do things around the house...like mow the lawn...paint the fence...random little demeening chores that they probably force you to do anyways.

But seriously, in order to get the best from the video you need to put forth the effort.

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces