Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shugo the Fox

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:42 am
Greetings, how is everyfur doing?

Long story short, I've waited months for a couples art, and I doubt I'm going to get it soon, so I'm bummed.

I figured if I'm going to wait any longer, I might as well have fun with the wait.

So I'll be holding a Couples Art Contest within a week or so.

I know most furs are still busy with school, so I don't want to start unless you're all ready.

I also wish to know how many furs would be interested in this contest.

It's going to be my fursona, of course, and my mate's, I'll post the information soon.

So post if you're interested, and lemme know when's the best time to start. I'll give you all at least one month to complete your artwork.

Prizes for now are set at:

1st - 70,000g
2nd- 20,000g
3rd- 10,000g
4th and below: Something small, yet nice as a "thank you for entering"

Thank you for your time!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:53 am
I may not be an artist, but as a conscientious observer I have to mention I am against these kinds of art contests. Only because it is centered the host of the contest's character. One can easily view these kinds of contests as a way for someone to get a bunch of commissions without having to actually pay all the artists drawing for them.

I am merely voicing my concern because I do not like seeing an artist's hard work aboused and used for someone elses benifit. Though I do like that at least there is some sort of compensation to the artists besides just the winners.

My point is of course moot if all the artists participating agree to doing free art and see the prizes as only a bonus. Again, I am just voicing a concern because I have seen these kinds of contests set up in the past and were just cheap ploys to get a bunch of cheap, or free, commissions.

This is why I personally never make an art contest that is centered around my characters, I don't like restricting artists in that fasion. I would much rather see more original and creative works by allowing them to draw whatever characters they like centered around some sort of theme.

Selene Aries

Shugo the Fox

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:17 am
I see your point, I didn't mean to make it look like I was just trying to get tons of art for low amounts of gold.

Though I doubt I'd get very many entries, so if anything, I might end up paying too much for someone's art who isn't worth 10k or more.

My last threads for art request died quickly, and no one ever seems interested in commissioning, so this is why I had to ask first.

Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games