Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
POTC3: AWE Discussion - Spoilers Abound! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We pilfer, we plunder, we rifle and loot..
  Drink up, me 'earties yo-ho!
View Results

Morbid Suppression

1,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:42 am
Marlena-Arielle
This movie was amazing.
It was funny,
yet serious and sad at times.
Buut, the ending was awesome,
&& I think Lizzie's boy looks like Jack.
domokun

Makes you wonder about that sometimes. ninja

I knew vaguely what was going to happen. I knew that there was going to be Greek Mythology in there somewhere because in the first movie, Ragetti mentioned the battle of Troy. (when they were in dresses)
During the second movie, I looked for any hint of what might happen in the third. I noticed the same locket Davvy Jones had on the black woman's table.
In the story, Davvy fell in love with a woman, although Gibbs thought it was the sea Jones fell in love with. She told him he was correct also. Therefore my theory leads me to the fact that he fell in love with none other than the sea goddess, Calypso.
The black woman must have been Calypso seeing as she knew the story better than anyone else and she had the same locket as Davvy Jones, so she also must be Davvy Jones lover.
PS: The only reason I guessed any of this was because I had read the Odyssey a week before the third movie came out. Otherwise I would have been completely oblivious.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:19 am
It was the best out of all of them I think! It had a lot of comedy, action scenes, and god do I wish that I could get married like Will and Elizabeth ((Barbossa please marry me and my boyfriend while we fight off enemies with our swords crying )) they are sooo lucky.

Jack and Barbossa fought like a married couple, I thought that it was cute ((yaoi fangirl)). AWE did make Will Turner look hot at the end ((black hair and a kick a** scar, I love men with scars heart ))

Selene Snape

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Morbid Suppression

1,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:38 pm
Trade you Barbosa for Will. No... gimme Jack.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:40 pm
I thought AWE was AWEsome, still the second one was best. I thought that the should have had more of Norry or less. What they had wasn't quite right. They had like one really short scene with him in it then the next one he had a dramatic death scene! that much drama needed more bass.

As soon as you found out that the one who stabed the heart would be the next captain than I thought that Bootstrape would end up with the job. But he didn't! At least Will didn't die. Thx Jack. but he and liz were seperated which is sad. crying

((Dark-Emoness, the spiderman annimation your have made me crack up lol )  

Nicole-Krisa

Preacher Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:34 pm
Mangachick86
Smelly Pirate Hooker
Mangachick86

Spoiler:I was very very very sad that Norrington died right after he kissed Elizabeth. crying crying crying

She has the kiss of DEATH!!! First Sao Feng and then Norrie. XD

eek I've never thought of that. xd And don't forget she also kissed Jack and he almost died. xp

Jack did die. Remember on the beach, Jack was saying how many tried to kill him and only one did and he looked right at Elizabeth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:06 am
Bigfoot9000
Aelfiede
Well the end sequence is a silent one that lasts about a minute.

There is a caption that says "10 years later". We see a kid running in a large field singing a pirate song. He has Will's hair and a pirate hat.

Then we see Elizabeth coming behind him. The sun sets and there is a green flash. Liz and son both watch the horizon... and zOMG SHIP! We see Will on it smiling at them. The end.

It's well thought... but that keeps me thinking "WOW, Liz has NO DAMN sex life." She is a saint, for sure.

Curse me for not staying! I know I should have stayed to the end.
My friend said that they wouldn't be one at the end again so we took off after the movie ended... scream crying xd
Do you think it could be on youtube already?

yeah its all over youtube. that's how I saw it  

Miss_Fleur_Delacour

ORACH

4,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm
It's my peanut. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 pm
I love to read and it was obvious from the locket that Tia and Davy had been together. Her character in the 2nd movie gave you a sense that she was more than she appeared to be.  

Dreamy Faerie

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:54 pm
I only had to see the second movie twice to figure out the locket thing. My whole family was just like What? What locket. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:22 pm
Aelfiede
I saw the French dubbed version because I was with peeps who can't understand English, so that was a bit disapointing. I'll have to wait for the DVD to come out to learn the jokes in English.

And I too knew the Tia Dalma and Davy Jones thing. XP

But let's face it. All of you fangirls who hate Elizabeth should be happy. She is the most pwned character at the end of the movie. Seriously. No sex life, (does sex every 10 years count as sex life?) and she lives with the thought that some day she'll die and Will will (LOL) go ******** elsewhere.

My poor precious beauty. I wanted Jack to save her. Or I would save her. crying

Anyone else stayed after the credits? My mom asked me if the kid was Elizabeth's DAUGHTER. XD Poor boy.

ouch, poor guy!  

Euchi101

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:07 pm
Euchi101
Aelfiede
I saw the French dubbed version because I was with peeps who can't understand English, so that was a bit disapointing. I'll have to wait for the DVD to come out to learn the jokes in English.

And I too knew the Tia Dalma and Davy Jones thing. XP

But let's face it. All of you fangirls who hate Elizabeth should be happy. She is the most pwned character at the end of the movie. Seriously. No sex life, (does sex every 10 years count as sex life?) and she lives with the thought that some day she'll die and Will will (LOL) go ******** elsewhere.

My poor precious beauty. I wanted Jack to save her. Or I would save her. crying

Anyone else stayed after the credits? My mom asked me if the kid was Elizabeth's DAUGHTER. XD Poor boy.

ouch, poor guy!

OHHH poor kid!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:09 pm
Detective Sam
Mangachick86
Smelly Pirate Hooker
Mangachick86

Spoiler:I was very very very sad that Norrington died right after he kissed Elizabeth. crying crying crying

She has the kiss of DEATH!!! First Sao Feng and then Norrie. XD

eek I've never thought of that. xd And don't forget she also kissed Jack and he almost died. xp

Jack did die. Remember on the beach, Jack was saying how many tried to kill him and only one did and he looked right at Elizabeth.

She has that bloody kiss of death!! DANG Why the heck did it have to be James?! WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!? evil evil evil crying crying crying crying crying

(sorry, am I being overdramatic? sweatdrop )  

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Padfoot_Prongs_BP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:46 am
I hated the ending. Jack wanted to turn into Davy Jones. Will was supposed to marry Elizabeth. I'm not mad for Elizabeth's sake (she's a conceited spoiled brat), I'm mad for Will's sake. He loved Elizabeth (it's a mystery to me why). Now he has to live for eternity withouht her. *This is the point where they should insert a 4th movie. Will will have Jack kill him so that he can be with Elizabeth in the afterlife. The movie will mostly take place in the afterlife (Will and Elizabeth will become crew members of the Flying Duchman). Besides, Will looks so YUMMY in his pirate gear. pirate *Jack was supposed to live on the sea forever. Ugh. Gread movie spoiled by a bad ending.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 am
Aelfiede
Yes, Norrington's death was indeed beautiful. heart
I too think the ending was well done, and that all the plots were fantastically tied together and concluded.

And to clear up the "Why isn't Will a fish, will he come back every 10 years and then what confusion...":
Someone else in another PotC topic found on Wikipedia, I think, that the director of the movie had cut some scenes at the editing that were ver clear about the Davy Jones curse:

Davy Jones had been chosen by Calypso to lead the deads on the other side with his ship, as a duty, during ten years. If he came back to her and she had been waiting for him after 10 years exactly, his curse would have been removed. But Tia Dalma did NOT come (she was likely in bed with Jack at this time!), hence why Davy Jones ripped off his heart and put it in a chest. He then became cursed, with the tentacles and all. And THEN he told the Pirate Lords how to emprison Calypso. Hency why Calypso was also betrayed by him. And why they don't get along anymore XD

Now, Will took over the leading-the-souls curse for 10 years, and Elizabeth DID wait for him, so his curse will be removed for good. And Calypso will likely choose another man from then on. So when Will comes back at the end of the credits, it is for good. And it ruins my no-sex-life-for-Liz theory! Thank God for her.

So yeah, the scene where it was said that "If the woman waits faithfully, the curse shall be broken" was removed. I don't see why at all, it helps understand the story so much!

You're serious? YAY!!!!!! Brilliant! I'm so exciterated now. I'm looking for that in the deleted scenes on the DVD when it comes out.  

Padfoot_Prongs_BP

TheLadyCora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:08 am
ELIZABETH IS B.A.! SHE IS MY HERO, AND ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH HER CAN ANSWER TO ME! to me she is a substantial character just because of the way she has grown from a girlie girl in the first movie, to becoming the Pirate King in the last movie. She is not a "slut" and the only reason she was so upset about Norrington dieing was because he was the only lasting connection to her past life.
Next I will rant on the Captain of the Flying Dutchman topic! I believe that Will will forever Captain the Dutchman, and that the fish people curse was only bestowed upon Davy Jones because he was not preforming his duties.
Last, even though when the dvds were being released it was advertised as "the final installment in the trilogy" is anyone sure if there will be another movie?

Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff